What to Do About Two Different Eye Lids? (photo)

My eyelids are two different sizes, and I guess it's always been like this, but lately it's been getting more noticeable. I've read with age sometimes the eyelid droops a little, but I'm only 22! I know I'm wearing makeup in the photo, but I think that just emphasizes the difference more since I actually did a smaller eyeliner line on my right eye. What can I do about this? not surgical if possible haha

Asymmetry of Eyelids - What to Do?

+1

In this instance, based upon the picture, I do not see enough of a difference to merit a surgery or to chase with other treatments.

Correcting asymmetric eyelids

+1

Asymmetry of the upper lids is a very common problem in upper blepharoplasty surgery and is commonly addressed on a daily basis in our practice.  Asymmetrical surgery is performed to make the eyelids look more symmetrical.

Asymmetry

+1

You likely have facial asymmetry with right side smaller than left, and hence brow being lower on the smaller side.  Need full face photo for better assessment. Botox on smaller side can help lift the brow and make things more symmetry.

Mehryar (Ray) Taban, MD, FACS
Beverly Hills Oculoplastic Surgeon

You are not crazy.

+1

You most likely have a subtle left upper eyelid ptosis.  I say subtle because the only evidence that you might have ptosis is the fact that you are carrying the left eyebrow at a higher position than the right.  There are some other subtle difference in the two sides.  The right eye seems to rest at a higher position in the face than the left side.  It also appears that the left eye might be a little bigger than the right eye.  If you are concerned about these differences, consider an oculoplastic consultation.  What should you do about these differences?  Probably nothing at all.  You have the beautiful eyes of a 22 year old.  It is hard to improve on near perfection.  So I would advise you to be very careful what you look for because it is unlikely that any surgery can make you look better but they can most certainly make you look worse.