I've Had Two Consultations and Both Ps Said I Didnt Need Lipo with Tummy Tuck Should I Be Worried About Results?

5ft1 135 lbs two sets of twins one single birth

Tummy Tuck Without Liposuction

+1

Assuming that you have consulted with experienced and expert board certified plastic surgeons, you should not be concerned when the surgeons concur on the recommended surgery. In fact, this should be comforting as surgeons frequently disagree on the best option for a patient.  Continue to consult with one to two more experienced and expert board certified plastic surgeons and choose the one that best understands your objectives and fits your needs.

Liposuction can be performed at the same time as a tummy tuck, but it doesn't HAVE to be done.

+1

Liposuction can be performed at the same time as a tummy tuck, but it doesn't HAVE to be done.  Each surgical procedure should be customized to meet the needs of the patient.  If you do not need liposuction, then be grateful that your physicians are not selling you something that you don't need.

In my Salt Lake City plastic surgery practice I perform liposuction with approximately 85% of my tummy tuck patients.  Most patients may benefit from liposuction, but not all.

Make sure that you feel like your surgeons understand your goals and expectations.  If you feel like they do, and they are board certified plastic surgeons, then you can feel confident in their recommendations.

Richard H. Fryer, MD
Salt Lake City Plastic Surgeon

Tummy Tuck Without Liposuction?

+1

Assuming you have met with well experienced board-certified plastic surgeons, their suggestion that you may not need liposuction is not necessarily something to worry about. In other words, it is not unusual for us to perform a tummy tuck operation and not use liposuction.

The recommendation of whether liposuction may be necessary as part of the tummy tuck operation will depend on your physical examination; if you are relatively lean,  then the tummy tuck operation may be all that is necessary for an excellent result.

Liposuction and tummy tuck

+1

Your question is difficult to answer completely without photos or more information on what your goals are.  Suffice it to say that if two plastic surgeons (board certified I hope) agree that you do not need liposuction, then you probably do not need liposuction.  It is almost as difficult to get two plastic surgeons to agree on anything!  I'm sure they would be happy to take your money for the liposuction if you insisted.  Good luck!

Kenneth R. Francis, MD

Lipo With Tummy Tuck?

+1

Sorry but it is impossible to answer your question without medical quality front, side, and back photos. But in general, I do many Tummy Tucks without liposuction. It depends on the patient. All of the lower skin and fat is removed surgically at the Tummy Tuck and if that is the only area of unwanted fat, there is no need for liposuction.

Ronald V. DeMars, MD

Lipo with TT or not

+1

Unfortunately, your question is too non-specific to answer.  Were you referring to lipo of the flank.waist area, or the anterior abdomen?  You haven't provided us any way to tell whether there is localized fat in either of those areas....perhaps you could post a photo?

Thomas Fiala, MD