I have had two C-sections and a hysterectomy - Safe to get a Tummy Tuck?

The hysterectomy was conducted because of scar tissue that was stuck in my cervix, which caused too much bleeding, It has been six years since this happen is it safe for me to get a tummy tuck

Safe surgery

+1

If you are medically cleared and you are a good candidate for the tummy tuck there should be no problem. See a well qualified board certified plastic surgeon and talk to him.

+1

Tummy tuck is frequently performed after hysterectomy and C-section.

A physical exam would be necessary to make a determination about the appropriate intervention.

Find a board certified plastic surgeon who performs hundreds of tummy tuck procedures each year. Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.

Tummy tuck after other procedures

+1
It should be perfectly fine to proceed with an abdominoplasty after C section and hysterectomy.  As long as your overall health is excellent, there is no contraindication to moving forward with your procedure.  Often, the tummy tuck will improve the appearance of the abdomen by removing the scars from the preceding operations.  Good luck!

Janet Turkle, MD

TT after Hysterectomy

+1
It is completely safe to do a Tummy Tuck after a hysterectomy because the TT is a "superficial" procedure which means, we work over the muscle, fat and skin, but nothing inside of the abdominal cavity, so it completely safe for the prior hysterectomy procedure.
You will love your results.
Have a great journey.
Dr.Cardenas

Laura Carmina Cardenas, MD
Mexico Plastic Surgeon

Safe to get a tummy tuck?

+1
More than likely you would be a good candidate for a tummy tuck. Your surgeon would need to assess your general fitness for surgery first. Many patients have had c sections and hysterectomies that go on to have a tummy tuck. Please make sure to do your homework when selecting your surgeon and see a board certified plastic surgeon. 
Gaurav Bharti

Gaurav Bharti, MD
Johnson City Plastic Surgeon

TT after C-sections and hysterectomy

+1

Tummy tucks are frequently performed after c-sections and other abdominal operations. The procedure stays outside of the abdominal cavity, so problems with whatever was in your abdomen and pelvis. 

Assuming your overall health is satisfactory and your surgeon agrees that you would benefit from a TT, you should be a good candidate. Best wishes

Tummy tuck after C-sections and hysterectomy?

+1
Yes it is safe to have a tummy tuck after c-sections and hysterectomy. The tummy tuck may actually remove the scars form those surgeries depending on the scars location. Of course you need a consultation form a board certified plastic surgeon to describe the procedure in detail and tailor it to your body.  Your general medical condition and health will also be important to consider.

Sheila Bond, MD
Montclair Plastic Surgeon

Tummy Tuck?

+1
As long as you are in good medical health, have medical clearance, and do not smoke, you may be a good candidate for a tummy tuck. If you have a hernia, you may get coverage from your insurance company. My office is in West Orange, NJ and I would be happy to give you a consultation.

Best wishes

George C. Peck, Jr, MD
West Orange Plastic Surgeon

Tummy Tuck After C-sections and a hysterectomy

+1
You should have no problems having a  TT after the above surgeries.  A careful history and exam might reveal if you ahve a hernia, or poor healing of the abdominal wall, but a tummy tuck can still be performed.  An added benefit is that it will remove the prior suregry scars in most acses.

John LoMonaco, MD, FACS

TT safe after hysterectomy and Caesarean.....yes?...and conditionally

+1

It is absolutely safe as long as you are otherwise healthy.  The TT will result in removal of your scars form the Caesarean.  You shoud have a lovely final result.......provided you are otherwise a good candidate.   My Best,  Dr C

George Commons, MD
Palo Alto Plastic Surgeon