I Have Two Bald Spots the Size of a Quarter How Much Would a Hair Transplant Cost Me to Cover It?

Cost of Small Hair Transplant

+1

If each bald patch is the size of a quarter, you’ll need between 400 and 600 grafts total to fill them in (200 to 300 grafts per bald spot). Depending on the surgeon and clinic, hair transplant cost ranges from $5 to $12 per graft. I charge $8 per graft, so at my clinic, your cost would be approximately $4,000.

Web reference: http://www.dermhairclinic.com/hair-transplant-cost/

Redondo Beach Dermatologic Surgeon

Hair Transplant in Bald Spots.

+1

Hello Linda.

The description of your bald spots (two bald spots the size of a quarter) does not sound like androgenic alopecia and needs further evaluation before planning a transplant.

If these spots have been present since birth, you may be having congenital triangular alopecia which is amenable to transplant. But if it has come later in life, there are many possibilities. The commonest of these is alopecia areata, which is not an indication for hair transplant. If these bald spots are a result of injury or burn, hair transplant will be helpful.

The cost for hair transplant in India is 1$ per graft by FUT and 2$ per graft by FUE, but you should plan hair transplant only after the diagnosis is established.

India Plastic Surgeon

@ quarter sized bald spots

+1

If you have 2 circles of baldness, either I don't understand your description or you have an alopecia condition that is not hereditary baldness. Some auto immune balldness situations such as alopecia areata are better treated by means other than hair transplants. See a dermatologist who has some interest and experience with the various alopecias.

Oakland Facial Plastic Surgeon

Small hair transplant cost

+1

The cost of a hair transplant varies form region to region and the amount of work needed.  It is important to first get a medical evaluation as what you describe could potentially be alopecia areata. 

Houston Dermatologist