Two and a Half Months After Full TT and Hernia Repair. My Upper Belly Bulges! Is It Normal?

I had my surgery two and a half months ago, Right after the surgery my belly was flat. I wore the compression garment for 6 weeks. after I stopped wearing the garment I started to bulge in my upper belly (under my breat to my belly) more in the afternoon than mornings. I saw the DR he told me it's seroma and tried to remove with a needle nothing came out. He said my body will absorb. it's been one month since I saw him I still bulge.Is it normal?is it swelling?is it the final shape of my belly?

Belly Bulge Two and a Half Months Post-Surgery

+3

Swelling two to three months after surgery is not unusual. Seroma can certainly appear in the manner you stated, but so can simple tissue swelling. The fact that it gets worse throughout the day also leads me to believe that you are dealing with swelling. Of course, without examining you it's impossible to be sure.  

I recommend continuing the compression, especially when exercising. It should improve over the next six months or so. If you remain concerned, I highly suggest re-visiting your surgeon.

Dubai Plastic Surgeon

Two and a Half Months After Full TT and Hernia Repair--bulge in upper abdomen

+2

A number of things can cause a bulge after a tummy tuck.

• swelling
  • Seroma
  • Hematoma
  • Persistent fat
  • Breakdown of the abdominal wall tightening

Given that your abdomen seems flat early on swelling or persistent that been removed seem unlikely causes. That leaves fluid collection  or breakdown of the abdominal wall tightening is likely causes. 

It seems like it is time for another visit to your surgeon that he can consider another attempt at aspirating fluid. No he lives evaluation of her status is resulted in explanation of the cause than anything here I might consults can offer.

Thank you for your question and best wishes.