I Had Twins and Have Diastasis and an Umbilical Hernia. Is a Full TT my Only Option? (photo)

I don't have any real stretch marks but extra skin above BB... Some PS I have interviewed won't do it because they say it will do more harm than good. Others, claim they can do a full TT and hide the BB scar

Surgery

+1

you will benefit from repair of the diastasis and the correction of the umbilical hernia. There is a small amount of skin that may also need to be removed

Good candidate for a Limited or Modified Tummy Tuck

+1

You would be a good candidate for a modified or mini-tummy tuck, sparing a scar around the bellybutton and allowing it to be repositioned a little lower. This would work out the loose skin above the bellybutton and keep the tummy tuck scar very low and not too long.

Web reference: http://www.eppleyplasticsurgery.com

Mini-Tummy Tuck Probably Best Option

+1

Congratulations on how your abdomen looks after twins.  As most of your rectus diastasis at the level of the umbilicus or below, your abdominal wall could be tightened with a mini-tummy tuck procedure.  I disagree with my "ELITE" colleague that floating a belly button is a good idea...rather, the umbilicus should be left attached and sutured to the underlying muscular fascia if needed at the conclusion of the procedure to achieve a naturally shaped, vertically oriented belly button.

Web reference: http://www.sadehsurgery.com/tummy_tuck_gallery.htm

I Had Twins and Have Diastasis and an Umbilical Hernia. Is a Full TT my Only Option?

+1

A mini Tummy tuck or a short scar tummy tuck would suffice. The rectus can be plicated, hernia reduced and the excess skin excised. The BB ( umbilicus) needs to be floated to tighten the loose skin above it. The position of the BB will be slightly lower than what you have.

Hope this helps

Sydney Plastic Surgeon

Only full, short scar abdominoplasty will correct your diastasis.

+1

Hi.

1)  In one sense, you don't need anything at all.  You look good and I don't think the umbilical hernia is a medical issue.

2)  But if you want to have a flat stomach and correct the bulging, nothing less than a full, short scar, minimal undermining tummy tuck will do it.  It is 'full' because the repair has to be both above and below the belly button.  The belly button scar is almost never a problem.  But you will have a horizontal scar at the level of your pubic hair.

Hernia and tummy tuck question

+1

I think you would be a good modified tummy tuck candidate. Rectus repair can be done and hernia repair then skin removed. You do have to realize that your belly button is a bit off midline and that this may not be improved with surgery. The umbilical float may work well for you but will lower he position of your belly button a bit. Good Luck!

Richmond Plastic Surgeon

Twins

+1

Judging from your photos the primary issue is the diastasis or weakness of the muscle layer not a primary skin issue.  In this case a modified abdominoplasty would be my choice.  This involves a lower abdominal incisions and will leave a scar that will be covered by a bikini bottom essentially.  The muscle layer will be tightened which will make your abdomen flatter, which is the primary goal of the surgery in your case.  The excess skin will be removed and the belly button will be lower just a short distance and reattached to the deeper muscle-fascia layer.  This procedure is ideally suited to someone like you with mostly muscle fascia weakness and little skin excess.

Thank you for your question and for the photos.  Best of luck.

Fort Myers Plastic Surgeon

I Had Twins and Have Diastasis and an Umbilical Hernia. Is a Full TT my Only Option? (photo)I Had Twins and Have Diastasis and a

+1

Your belly looks extremely good for a twin pregnancy.  Yes a full TT with an invisible belly button scar can of course be done, by an experienced plastic surgeon who can show you sample photos or course, but it does not seem necessary.  Your diastiasis does not have to be repaired and proper work-out of your abs will be as good if not better.  The umbilical hernia can be repaired through a small peri-umbilical incision, or laparoscopically.  Hope this helps in your decision.

+1

When the diastasis is repaired you will have more skin that can be removed.   You may very well have enough skin to perform a short scar tummy tuck.  A float procedure with a short scar can be performed as well that allows your belly button to remain.    The belly button can be reshaped as well to produce amore depressed belly button.  Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of minitummy tucks and tummy tucks each year.  Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Web reference: http://www.hughesplasticsurgery.com/tummy-tuck-photo-galleries.php

Diastasis: is full Tummy Tuckonly option

+1

From your picture, you have an obvious diastasis, and some stretch marks, but the skin above your belly button is not that loose. The belly button  can be detached ( floating umbilicus technique), the diastasis repaired as well as the umbilical hernia, and the belly button reattached with excision of skin on the lower half of the belly as a modified mini tummy tuck.  This avoids a scar around the belly button, and can help speed the recovery.  The belly button looks very natural after surgery.  You would be  a good candidate for this procedure. I routinely do this procedure and full TT with sedation rather than general anesthesia.