Can I Get Twilight Sleep Sedation to Receive Dermal Fillers?

I am extremely nervous and scared of the "worst" happening. No one can seem to "convince" me that its not that big of a deal. I have phobias, etc. lets leave it at that. Please answer my question. Thanks

Intravenous sedation is typically not necessary for Injectable Filler treatments.

+1

In my practice, all Injectable Filler procedures (including lip augmentation) are performed with topical anesthetic, and this is well-tolerated by nearly all of my patients. You may want to ask your physician for a mild anxiolytic to be taken orally before your procedure, as long as you have a driver accompany you.

I prefer to perform Injectable Filler procedures while you're in the upright position, rather than sedated on your back, so wrinkles and folds may be appropriately visualized.

I hope this is helpful for you.

Regards from NJ:

West Orange Facial Plastic Surgeon

+1

Sure you can. But there would be an additional costs of up to $800 in Miami area to the fees on the fillers used. Regards. 

Sedation for fillers

+1

I have several patients  like yourself who have low pain thresholds or phobias  and have required monitored intravenous sedation to undergo extensive facial filling sessions. It adds additional significant cost, time and a ride home which these patients accept. I also offer nitrous oxide by inhalation which is less popular but allows the patient to drive home.

Sheldon S. Kabaker, MD
Oakland Facial Plastic Surgeon

Fillers and sedation

+1

Most patients only need topical anesthetic.  Sedation certainly can be given by an anesthesiologist, but it would probably cost more than the fillers.

Twilight Sedation For Fillers?

+1

Although the vast majority of patients have fillers without oral or IV sedation, from time to time I encounter a patient who requests IV sedation.  However, sedation will increase the cost of the procedure and requires that you have someone available to drive you home.

Stephen Prendiville, MD
Fort Myers Facial Plastic Surgeon