I Am Twenty Three Years Old, I Had my 3rd Child Three Months Ago, So my Skin is Loose Below my Belly Button (photo)

do i need a full tummy tuck or a mini tummy tuck? Also, I am done having babies. I didn't get any stretch marks, and you can't tell i have wrinkled skin until, I bend over. then the skin hangs. can i get away with a mini tummy tuck? or do you suggest something entirely different?

You need a Minimally Invasive Modified Mini-Tummy Tuck

+2

In my practice, you would be an excellent candidate for a Minimally Invasive Endoscopic-Assisted Modified Mini-Tummy Tuck. This procedure combines the best aspects of a mini-tummy tuck and a full tummy tuck, with the least amount of scarring. In general, the only incision made is about 2cm longer than a standard C-section scar and is in the same location. The soft tissues are released from the muscle and the abdominal muscles are tightened all the way up to the rib cage. A small amount of skin is removed at the very bottom of the abdomen if needed. In most cases, the belly button is left in its normal position, or slightly lowered without need for a skin incision.

Mini vs. Full Abdominoplasty

+1

Considering your description and photos, you appear to be a candidate for a full abdominoplasty. Physical exam and consultation would be required to verify. To explore your options, consult with 3 - 4 experienced and expert board certified plastic surgeons.

Kris M. Reddy, MD, FACS

Mini or Full Tummy Tuck?

+1

Thank you very much in pictures.

I think you will be best off undergoing a full tummy tuck procedure.

A few words of caution for patients contemplating tummy tuck surgery may be in order:  In my opinion, the mini tummy talk is an  operation that  produces very limited results and is very rarely indicated. It involves a shorter incision but does not address the majority of the abdominal wall issues present for most patients who present consultation. For example, the area of skin excised is quite small. The abdominal wall musculature is addressed below the umbilicus leaving the upper number wall potentially lax. The appearance of the umbilicus is not necessarily addressed sufficiently.
For most patients who have had pregnancies and/or weight loss a full abdominoplasty is necessary to achieve the desired results. Of course, there are downsides (including a longer scar and probably a longer recovery time) but for most patients the benefits outweigh the downsides. It is not unusual to see patients who've had mini tummy tuck  surgery present for  revisionary surgery.
It is important  for patients seeking abdominal contouring surgery to work with a well experienced board-certified plastic surgeon to obtain advice (based on good ethics and judgment) to  improve  their chances of a successful outcome and minimize the need for further surgery.

Loose Belly Skin

+1

There are several options to improve loose tummy (abdominal) skin.  Only a full examination will determine which are the appropriate options for you.   If you do not plan to have more children and there is abdominal wall weakness that "bulges out the tummy", a abdominoplasty may be the most appropriate procedure.   Depending on the degree and location of loose skin and belly wall weakness a full or mini-abdominoplasty may be options.   If there is only some mild skin laxity or loose skin, non surgical approaches such as Venus Freeze radiofrequency devices may be an option.  

Craig Mezrow, MS, MD
Philadelphia Plastic Surgeon

Mini tummy tuck

+1

There are very few patients who are true candidates for a mini abdominoplasty.  Generally it is difficult to get the best result with a smaller operation.

David A. Lickstein, MD

Few indications for a mini

+1

I see few patients who will benefit from  a "mini". The things that are needed to be corrected vary in degree but the principles are similar. 

The abdominal wall needs to be addressed with repair of the muscle separation up to the xyphoid. Skin will be redraped and the umbilicus transposed. I use liposuction on nearly all abdominoplasties to free the flap with less undermining and to facilitate closure.

Generally, it is difficult to fix an abdominoplasty that was done poorly w/o attention being paid to truncal aesthetics. Find an experienced plastic surgeon and discuss the options.

Thomas R. Walek, MD
Providence Plastic Surgeon