Up-turned Nose 50 Days Post Rhinoplasty? (photo)

dear doctors, now i'm a 50 days Rhinoplasty surgery. I really thought that the surgery turned my nose to the up-turned one. i dont mind how my nose looks from the side view although it is wired, but the visible nostrils bothers me a lot. is there any non-surgical way to fix my nose? or could i be hopeful that it would fix after swelling goes away.

A well-performed injectable filler treatment may be considered to improve the appearance of your nose after Rhinoplasty Surgery.

+4

I read your concerns and reviewed your frontal photo:

In my practice, I have had good success lowering nostril margins with Silikon-1000, an off-label injectable filler for permanent results. I an not familiar with the use or advisability of temporary fillers for this purpose. In that regard, you must find a specialist familiar with the delicate art of using fillers for nasal aesthetics.

All the best to you.

Dr. Joseph

West Orange Facial Plastic Surgeon

Upturned nose after rhinoplasty

+1

50 days is way too early to make any decision. You should wait at least a year to see if after all the swelling is gone there mght be some derotation. Only after that should you consider revision surgery.

Andrew Pichler, MD
Sacramento Facial Plastic Surgeon

Fixing an upturned, over-rotated nose

+1

I'm not aware of a good way to fix an upturned nose using non-surgical treatment. Your excessive nostril show is related to the increased tip rotation you have since surgery. This can settle down further as the nose heals, though.

There are revision rhinoplasty techniques available to bring the tip back down and de-rotate the tip if this doesn't improve further. You should certainly wait a least a few more months before contemplating this approach.

You can check out my link below that discusses this type of revision surgery in more detail.

Thomas A. Lamperti, MD

Nostril show

+1

Based on your photos it appears that you would be a good candidate for revision surgery with alar grafts - ideally no sooner than 6 months after your surgery

Sam Naficy, MD

50 days post rhinoplasty is early in your recovery phase.

+1

You are still very early in the recovery process, so the amount of alar notching (nostril showing) you have may or may not decrease as you continue to heal.  Your tip should settle and drop a bit from where it is now, and become less upturned as you heal.  From the frontal view this should make the notching less visible.  There is no good nonsurgical to reduce the alar notching that I am aware of.  

Donald B. Yoo, MD