Turned Up Nose and Visible Nostrils After Surgery, Options?

Hi, I had my nose job 3 weeks ago. 3 days ago my cast got off and İ saw my nose. I don't like the result, my nose is turned up way too much so my nostrils are visible and my nose seems like it's too small for my face. my previous nose suits me way better. Some say that it's too early to judge and I have to wait at least for 6 months but I don't think it's gonna be a huge difference as I want. So I wanna know will my nose get longer and turned down or I have to get another nose job?

Turned up nose and visible nostrils after surgery?

+2

It is not abnormal for the tip to be turned up slightly after surgery, and it will normally relax to its final position within a few weeks. It is best to be patient during the healing process, as it can take some time. I would recommend following up with your surgeon, as he/she knows the extent of the procedure and exactly what was performed. It can take up to 18-24 months for your final result to be evident. I hope this helps, and I wish you the best of luck with the remainder of your recovery.

Turned Up Nose and Visible Nostrils After Surgery

+2

Dear Aygul, thank you for your question and photos. Rhinoplasties take a long time to settle and although you might see 60 or 70% of the result in the first few weeks after surgery, it takes a lot longer for swelling to go and for you to see your "new nose". In rhinoplasties, a few millimeters make the difference between an attractive nose and an unattractive one. The tip of your nose is likely to drop a few mm and that will make already a big difference. If you are unsure, contact you surgeon and ask his advice.

I am confident that in a few months your nose will settle and you will be pleased.

Best of luck

Andrea Marando

Andrea Marando, MD
Manchester Plastic Surgeon

+1

It is just too early to determine the final result.

The nose can be swollen for up to a year or more. Swelling will depend upon the nature of maneuvers employed, presence of grafts or implants, thickness of skin, open vs closed, revision vs primary, etc.

Turned up nose

+1

I agree that it is a little to early to judge. The tip might de-rotate some in time. None the less in comparison to your pre-op photos, your nose is rather turned up. So I see why you are worried. Hang in there and be patient.

Adam Bryce Weinfeld, MD
San Angelo Plastic Surgeon

Turned Up Nose With Visible Nostrils After Surgery

+1

It takes weeks to months for all the swelling to disappear after Rhinoplasty Surgery. Be sure to follow up with your surgeon on a regular basis. He will need to monitor the healing in case any revisions are needed.

Robert E. Zaworski, MD