1 month post op, I feel like I'm developing a polly beak & the tip is too pointy & long. Is this swelling or permanent? (photo)

I don't feel like my new nose looks like the simulated pictures I received prior. I had my surgery in Turkey, so I don't have a surgeon I can consult with. He just told me to massage my nose 3x a day to help the swelling. Could taping help? After 1 month is the shape of my nose still going to improve a lot?

1 month post op, I feel like I'm developing a polly beak & the tip is too pointy & long. Is this swelling or permanent?

+1
It is always difficult to assess the final result so early in the healing process.

Polly beak one month after nose surgery

+1
Dear hanadie1,

Swelling is likely part of the "polly beak" that you are seeing.  A polly beak is caused by either too much supra tip fullness and/or insufficient tip rotation.  At one month both after your surgery both of these may be affected by swelling. I would continue to wait and reevaluate your nose shape as healing progresses.  Sometime taping may help with the swelling but time alone is the biggest factor.

Dr. Remus Repta

Remus Repta, MD

Give it some time

+1
At just one month after rhinoplasty there is certainly going to still be some degree of swelling. You must wait at least six months and in some cases a year before all the swelling subsides.

Sean R. Weiss, MD
New Orleans Facial Plastic Surgeon

+1
Thank you for your question.  At one month post op there is still some swelling and you are months away from your end result.  It takes a full year for ALL the swelling to go away.  With breast surgery and liposuction, for example, a few millimeters of swelling won't even be noticeable but on the nose even a millimeter of swelling will affect the appearance.  So you need to be patient and give it a full year before you judge the final result and consider any revision.  I don't know what your nose looked lie before surgery but from our photos it looks lie a nice result so far.

Lars Enevoldsen, MD
Modesto Plastic Surgeon