Turkey Neck After Expensive Full Neck Lift, What Can I do?

I had a full neck lift in conjunction with a face lift and fat implants.It looks worse than it did before surgery. It has been10 months since my surgery. I also have lines on the sides of my mouth. What can I do? The PS says he is not responsible.

Face and Neck Lift Dissatisfaction at 10 Months

+1

It would be useful to evaluate preoperative and postoperative photos.  Sometimes patient's expectations are not met.  I would get a second opinion.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Turkey Neck and Neck Lift Surgery

+1

Before and after photos from your neck lift surgery are necessary to determine the problem you are describing. If you and your doctor are not communicating or the doctor is not offering any additional treatment plan, it's worth considering seeking a second opinion from a qualified surgeon.

Amiya Prasad, MD
New York Oculoplastic Surgeon

Fullness to the neck after a facelift

+1

It is very difficult to give you a suitable answer to your question without seeing a balanced and comparable photo of you before and after the surgery.  Did you gain or lose weight, where were the fat grafts placed, did you have a submental necklift with the facelift ....There are many unresolved issues that  have not been answered by you.

In all matters related to this I would refer your questions to your Plastic Surgeon.  Second opinions could always be obtained if you have further concerns.

Good luck to you.

Frank Rieger M.D.

Francis (Frank) William Rieger, MD

Disappointing face lift

+1

For anyone to advise you, you need comparable before and after photographs and a copy of the surgeon's operative note. A few of many possible explanations:

• You gained or lost a lot of weight
  • The surgeon didn't explain that fat implants can absorb; cheek lines are not erased
  • Your surgeon didn't know how to do face and neck lifts
  • You had a complication
  • You smoke or have another reason for tissues to be unable to hold the surgical repair.

I recommend you get the photos and the operative note and consult in person a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon  to figure out what happened and what to do next. Best wishes!

Elizabeth Morgan, MD, PhD

Unhappy with results of face and neck lift

+1

I agree with the need for pre and post-operative photos to evaluate your result. It is possible that jowling and neck laxity can recur following a facelift and this can happen for a number of reasons. Without seeing pictures it is hard to determine if this in fact did happen. Fat grafting, if not done in the proper plane, can result is contour irregularity that is difficult to manage. Again, without seeing pictures, it is difficult to determine if this is in fact a problem. I would advise expressing your concerns to your plastic surgeon in a non-threatening manner and see if there is anything he can do to help you get the results that you are looking for. If this is not a possibility, I would advise visiting with at least two other qualified and experienced surgeons to see if there is anything they can do to address your concerns. Good Luck!

Todd C. Miller, MD

Turkey neck after facelift

+1

It is impossible to evaluate your condition without at least seeing photographs, preferably before and after.  Sometimes patient's expectations are not in line with what is possible to achieve.  Other times, the surgery does not rise to the level of what is possible.  I would encourage you to have another conversation with your surgeon.  If you do not feel that he or she is giving you the attention you feel you deserve, then it may be a good idea to get a second opinion.

Jeffrey E. Kyllo, MD