I'm 24 and my Eyebrows Very Droopy? (photo)

Hi, I'm a 24 years old guy and my eyebrows are extremely droppy?My mothers' are same (but she's 50).Actually they are covering my eyelids and make look older and tired.What can I do? Thanks in advance.

Low brows make you look tired & old

+2

Your eyebrows are low and you have a fair degree of excess upper eyelid skin as a result. Even at your young age of 24, this combo makes you look excessively tired and can add years to your face. Treatment would require a conservative brow lift in combination with an upper eyelid lift.  A word of caution: If you perform the upper eyelid lift alone, the tendency is that the brows will fall even further, so this wouldn't adequately solve your problem. And if your surgeon did the upper eyelid lift very conservatively to prevent this, the final result probably wouldn't make enough difference for you, and you'd likely be in the same boat. A brow lift can be done in a scarless fashion behind your hairline, and even if you lose your hair you'll likely never see. If you want to look less tired, I'd recommend you pursue both procedures for ideal benefit.

Baltimore Facial Plastic Surgeon

Drooping Brows In a 24 Year Old Male

+2

Your brows are definitely lower set than most males your age but your anatomy is not unusual and in many people's eyes there would be nothing wrong with your appearance. If you are really bothered by the appearance I would be very conservative about how to approach the correction. A browlift - either traditional or endoscopic would leave you with scars that may become noticeable in the future as your hairline recedes or hair density diminishes - a likely event for most males. A compromise solution is to remove some of the heavy infra-brow skin through a blepharoplasty procedure. This doesn't raise your eyebrow, but does reduce a certain amount of the heavy overhanging skin that you have. There are also more limited surgeries such as brow- pexy procedures that use small incisions to allow access to the brow and suture can then be used to suspend the brow in a more elevated position. The first thing to do though, is to make sure this is a big enough problem to proceed with an invasive surgical procedure.  Best of Luck   Dr Harrell

Jon F. Harrell, DO

Male brow

+2

You have a full masculine brow. I agree that a browlift will run the risk of leaving you with a feminine appearing eyelid. A conservative blepharoplasty would be a better option for you at this age.

A.J. Amadi, MD
Seattle Oculoplastic Surgeon

Brow droop in a young man

+2

Have your surgeon show you the effect of a forehead lift vs blepharoplasty (lid skin-muscle removal)? My guess is that you will be happy with just a blepharoplasty which is the more conservative approach.

Peter T. Truong, MD
Fresno Oculoplastic Surgeon

Forehead lift for brow sagging.

+2

A mini Irregular Trichophytic Forehead Lift is what would best raise your brows without leaving a scar since hair will grow thru it.  You do NOT need a blepharoplasty. 

I'm 24 and my eyebrows are very droopy?

+2

Hello, I have reviewed your posted photos and advise blepharoplasty as well as invisiline browlift to get you corrected. With a traditional browlift several incisions are made in the scalp and later in years you made have hair thinning or loss and the incisions will be visible. With invisiline there will only be the eyelid incision and it is hidden in the crease. This is your best option

Please feel free to phone the office and we will be happy to advise you further. Good luck to you.

David Alessi, MD

Brow lift at young age

+2

Your condition is what a brow lift can change no matter what your age. There are a variety of approaches the choice of which depends on the recommendation of your surgeon. 

Sheldon S. Kabaker, MD
Oakland Facial Plastic Surgeon

Low Brows and Hooding in 24 year old Male

+1

The low set brows and the hooding can be altered with surgery, but this may not be the best thing for a young male.  An exam as well as discussion of expectations would be necessary.  A trial of Botox for a brow lift should be used prior to considering surgery.

Browlift for men

+1

As opposed to the female brow, a man's brow is aesthetically acceptable at, or even slightly below, the orbital rim. The male brow may or may not be arched laterally, and most commonly it is relatively horizontal in orientation. In cases where the male brow has descended well below the orbital rim, and the upper lid tissues appear heavy and redundant, a browlift can be an effective means of rejuvenating the upper third of the face. A great deal of care must be exercised, however, to avoid overdoing and thereby feminizing a male brow.

Although men are much less often good candidates for browlifts than women, endoscopic or trans-blepharoplasty removal of the corrugator (or vertical frown line) muscles is as applicable to males as it is to females, to permanently soften or completely eliminate vertical frown lines between the eyebrows.

Michael Law, MD
Raleigh-Durham Plastic Surgeon

Eyebrows

+1

You have full and masculine eyebrows. A brow lift will give you a more feminine look. A conservative upper eyelid blepharoplasty will help

Norman Bakshandeh, MD, FACS