Tubular Breasts - Can It Be Fixed Without Implants or Fat Injection? (photo)

Hello, I am a 21 year old woman with small turbular breasts and big puffy areolas (see the upper picture). I have no worries about the very small breast size, and thus I was wondering whether my turbular breasts can be fixed only with an areola reduction, so that i will get a rounder breast shape, something like the picture below. Or is this imbossible? Is it impossible to fix turbular breasts without implants or fat injections?

Implants are not required

+1

It really depends on the look you would like for you breast.  A peri-areolar lift can reduce the nipple and round out the breast.  A implant would just increase the size. You can always do the former and if not satisfied have a breast implant placed.

Web reference: http://www.sanfranciscocosmetic-surgery.com

Tubular Breasts - Can It Be Fixed Without Implants or Fat Injection?

+1

Simple response is NO. Best to be examined by a boarded PSs in your city. Only operative intervention can improve. 

Correction of Tubular Breasts without Implants

+1

It is definitely possible to correct tubular breasts without implants.  I would still recommend a peri-areolar breast lift with scoring and reshaping of your breast tissue.   

This procedure would improve your shape and areolar diameter, but may result in a 1/2 cup size decrease due to removal of the loose skin.

In the future, you can always add an implant if you desire more volume.

Dr. Gill

Web reference: http://www.drpaulgill.com

Tubular breasts

+1

Sure it is up to you but possible. Releasing the constriction on the deep base of the breast and removing a rim of skin around the areola should round out the shape of the breasts and reduce the nipple complex protrusion.

My response to your question/post does not represent formal medical advice or constitute a doctor patient relationship. You need to consult with i.e. personally see a board certified plastic surgeon in order to receive a formal evaluation and develop a doctor patient relationship.

Yes, an areolar reduction will correct the enlarged and puffy nipples but will not widen the bases of your breasts

+1

Thank you for your question and the photos.

Yes, an areolar reduction will correct the enlarged and puffy nipples but will not widen the bases of your breasts.  If you want a wider base or more volume, then fat transfer or breast implants would likely be necessary.

To be sure, see two or more board-certified plastic surgeons in your area for a full and complete evaluation to make sure you are a good candidate and that it is safe for you to have surgery.  I hope this helps.

Tubular breast improvement

+1

A periareolar mastopexy would improve things considerably and could give you a result close to your goal in experienced hands. The main disadvantage of this is that it tends to flatten your breast if you don't use an implant so even a small one would help considerably...but this is your body and your decision...you could always put in an implant later if you wanted after the mastopexy.

Kahului Plastic Surgeon

+1

Fixed? No

Improved? Yes

The features of tubular breast that are most noticeable in the photo are the large areolae and the high breast fold.

If you are satisfied with the size of your breasts, an areolar reduction will go a long way to making the breasts look more normal. It won't fix the fold, but that is not much of an issue if no enlargement is to be done. 

Consult with a plastic surgeon to review your options. Thanks for the question and for the photo. Best wishes.