What Kind of Doctor Can Help Me w/ Chest Tumor?

My Tumor Starts at Collarbone Down to Breast, 4In. Long, 3 In. Wide. Lots of Pressure/pain What doctor do I go to? Lots of pressure in chest, shortness of breath. Pressure goes to my shoulders as well. I do experience chest pain as well as pressure. When I eat and drink it wants to come back up or take extra time to go down. My D.O. thinks it is a fatty tumor and I should go to ER. What do i do? Is the ER best or do I go a different route? I have been sick with a chest cold this week and that hasn't helped.

Large Tumor of Chest Wall

+1

I would recommend consultation with a board certified general surgeon or surgical oncologist.   Tumors of this size would benefit from a incisional biopsy to obtain a diagnosis.   Depending on the diagnosis, you  may require further imaging and workup prior to extirpation of this mass.   All the best in a safe recovery.

Paul S. Gill, M.D.

Gill Plastic Surgery

Houston Double Board Certified Plastic Surgeon

Mass tumor of chest and options for management

+1

The number one thing you need is a diagnosis. This could be made clinically based on its appearance or you may require a biopsy. Prior to biopsy you may first require some imaging to determine the extent and nature of the tumor. Most of this could be accomplished by a general surgeon or thoracic surgeon.

Chest tumor

+1

Your physician is of NO HELP.

The ER is not the first place to go to.

ou need to see a Family Physician or internist to start with. a full work up is needed, including full examination, full blood work and probably an MRI of the chest. Then your Family Physician will refer you to the appropriate specialist depending onthe diagnosis.

With your symptoms you need to act very quickly

Chest Tumor

+1
I assume that the tumor is external to the chest. If it is, then a board certified plastic surgeon who specializes in reconstruction would be an excellent choice. If he/she can not handle it, they should be able to ever you to someone who can. If the tumor is inside the chest cavity, then you will need a thoracic surgeon. One way or the other, you need someone experienced to completely evaluate the problem and involve whoever is needed to care for your problem. With your symptoms, this needs to be done sooner rather than later. Frget the ER. This will just delay your treatment. Call for an appointment first thing Monday.

Robert T. Buchanan, MD
Highlands Plastic Surgeon

Chest tumor

+1

You do not need to go to the ER if you are taking the time to survey this internet site. Make an appointment with a board-certified general surgeon.

Robin T.W. Yuan, MD

What kind of doctor do you need?

+1

If your DO says you should go to the ER, they aren't helping you very much.  From what you describe, a General Surgeon, certified by The American Board of Surgery would be the best best for you to sort this out.  Good luck!

Richard P. Rand, MD, FACS