Tummy Tuck, Mini Tummy Tuck or Just Lipo? (photo)

I'm 21 years old, 5'2 135lbs. I recently lost a little bit of weight, about 10lbs. I want to have liposuction to get rid of my last problem areas, do I need a tummy tuck or mini tummy tuck or will lipo be enough?

Liposuction vs Abdominoplasty

+2

I think all you need is a liposuction; your abdominal and flank area would improve clearly. You are 21 y.o. and surely your skin/tegumentary tone is pretty good and there are not muscular layer deformities/problems.

Liposuction + Correct diet + Exercise.

But as you will understand a precise clinical examination is mandatory. Get a consultation with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.

Good Luck

Spain Plastic Surgeon

Liposuction or tummy tuck?

+2
Thank you for the question and photos. It appears that you may benefit from liposuction of the abdomen and flanks. Of course an in depth history and examination are necessary to give you the specific advice to meet your needs. Best of luck!

Dana Khuthaila, MD, FACS

Laser liposuction that Tummy Tuck appears to be your best option

+1

Thank you for your question and photograph. From your photographs it appears that there is significant fat beneath the skin but your skin is not loose and sagging

.Therefore liposuction may be a better option for you and allow you to avoid the scars of a Tummy Tuck. However once the fat is removed, the skin can sag which is why I mentioned laser liposuction which can provide skin tightening as well as fat removal.

Be sure to consult a plastic surgeon who is certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery, experienced in liposuction and body contouring, and has an excellent reputation in your community.

Brooke R. Seckel, MD, FACS

Deciding between Tummy Tuck or Liposuction

+1

Congratulations on your weight loss, as it is always a challenge.  Further, the closer to your ideal body weight that you can achieve, the better the results of any body contouring procedure.  Often times it is difficult to accomplish this goal and we will perform body contouring procedures on patients after they have plateaued for six months with their weight loss.  At that time we assess many different factors, including: the quality of the skin, whether there is excess skin, the laxity of the abdominal muscles, and whether there is excess fat.  Based on these factors, we recommend one treatment over another or a combination of treatments to help you achieve your desired goal.  Given your pictures, your skin appears to be of a favorable condition (ie, not stretched out and inelastic) and you have a moderate excess of fat.  This combination does extremely well with liposuction.  As mentioned previously, a consultation with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon would be your best bet.  Best wishes on achieving your goals.

Luis Zapiach, MD
Paramus Plastic Surgeon

Tumescent liposuction of the abdomen and love handles will work well.

+1

Hi.

1) You do not need a tummy tuck.

2) The key to success with liposuction in these areas is to do both SUPERFICIAL as well as deep liposuction (Gasparotti technique).

George J. Beraka, MD (retired)

Liposuction vs Tummy Tuck

+1

You are young and may have pregnancies in the future.  I would not recommend abdominoplasty(Tummy Tuck) for you. Based on you pictures,you are a very good candidate for laser assistant liposuction otherwise known as SmartLipo. This type of liposuction provides superior tightening of the skin in the abdomen which in your case would give you better sculpted look.

Kevin Tehrani, MD, FACS

Body contouring

+1

You are a candidate for any of these procedures. What you should focus on is what the problems are, skin, fat, muscle all?

then decide what you want to try to achieve-just lose some of the fat, get rid pf skin and fat?, tighten everything as good as possible?

then match the procedure to what you are aiming for, then decide if you are willing to do that procedure, costs, downtime, scars, not the best results, etc.

The final decision is made as a dialogue with your plastic surgeon and you.

John P. Stratis, MD
Harrisburg Plastic Surgeon

Looks like a lipo will help

+1

Tummy tucks get rid of excess skin either after weight loss or pregnancies, it appears as if you basically have some excess fat which liposuction works the best on.

William B. Rosenblatt, MD

Liposuction or Tummy Tuck?

+1

Thank you for the question and pictures.

Although in person examination would be necessary to give you precise advice, if you choose to have surgery at this time I believe you will be best off with liposuction surgery of the abdomen and flank areas.  The “ideal” patient for liposuction  has achieved a long-term stable weight, has isolated areas of diet and exercise resistant adipose tissue, and satisfactory skin elasticity overlying the “problem area”.

I would suggest that you seek consultation with well experienced board-certified plastic surgeons;   great care must be taken during your procedure to avoid over resection and  resulting contour irregularities/depression.

Tummy Tuck, Mini Tuck, or Liposuction?

+1

Without an examination, it is difficult to give you very precise advice.  Still, there are a number of observations that can be made,

First, if you have reached a stable weight, then now is a good time to proceed with treating your abdominal concerns.  

If you are planning to have children or more children, you probably would want to delay having a tummy tuck since future childbearing may restretch the abdominal tissues and diminish your result.  If you have not had children, your abdominal tissues probably would do well with liposuction alone but this requires an examination to be certain.  I do not believe a mini tuck would provide the answer you are seeking.

Please see a board certified plastic surgeon for a complete consultation.  Best of luck.

Herluf G. Lund, Jr, MD
Saint Louis Plastic Surgeon