Tummy Tuck, Lipo, or Sculpting?

My job requires a PT test, and I can always pass it. Push up, sit ups, 1.5 mile run. No problem. However, at age 49, I am now close to failing due to my abdominal circumference. What are my options to get rid of this loose skin hanging below by abdomen since my last pregnancy. I hvae hearad of herbal wraps, etc, but would like something a bit more permanent. Thanks for aby advice!

A Tummy Tuck Is Probably Your Best Solution

+2
Considering the info you've provided here, it sounds like you're in good shape so you're in luck - there are several options you may consider to decrease the circumference of your abdominal area. However, only one is dramatic and permanent.  Your primary concern is loose skin, and this can be effectively and permanently removed with a tummy tuck. Because you mentioned that the skin is "below your abdomen", I'm assuming it's below your belly button. If this is correct, then you may be a good candidate for a mini tummy tuck. This procedure is less intensive than a fully tummy tuck and the resulting scar is much shorter as well.

Unfortunately, liposuction will only remove the excess fat in the area and won't do anything for the loose skin. As for sculpting, do you mean a lift? If so, then a lift in the abdominal area is pretty much the same as a tummy tuck.
Other treatments, such as laser skin tightening and wraps, will only achieve a temporary effect that is minor. While they don't require surgery, you'll most likely need many, many sessions to achieve the difference you desire.

You'll definitely be able to find a solution for your loose skin. Wishing you the best of luck!

Tummy tuck required for hanging skin

+1

Since you have loose skin hanging below the abdomen you will need an abdominoplasty.  Liposuction will make the hanging skin worse.  I recommend you begin with an abdominoplasty and perform liposuction later if needed.

Best Wishes,

Gary Horndeski,M.D.

Gary M. Horndeski, MD
Texas Plastic Surgeon

For tummy tuck, it is impossible to give solid advice without photos.

+1

It is impossible to give solid advice without photos.

To see what your options are, see two or more board-certified plastic surgeons in your area for a full and complete evaluation to make sure you are a good candidate and that it is safe for you to have surgery. I hope this helps.

J. Jason Wendel, MD, FACS

Tummy Tuck For Loose Hanging Skin

+1

By definition when you described loose hanging skin below your belly button you are talking about the need for some form of a tummy tuck. Most likely this is a fuller version of  a tummy tuck which is usually combined with liposuction around the waistline to not leave any residual muffin tops.

Barry L. Eppley, MD, DMD

How to reduce Abdominal Circumference?

+1

Tough to give advice without a picture, but you did mention hanging skin, the only way to eliminate excess skin is a skin removal procedure, I usually combine liposuction with my tummy tucks, the combination of two procedures can have powerful results in this area. Good luck!!

Jonathan Weiler, MD
Baton Rouge Plastic Surgeon

Do I need a Tummy-tuck or lipo to improve my abdominal hanging skin?

+1

It's always helpful to have one's height and weight and photos when answering questions that you pose. But from your description it appears that you need a tummy-tuck to be able to remove the abdominal excess skin. No other technique can do the job. Stay away from "herbal wraps" unless you just want to throw your money out. You need to consult with a Board Certified Plastic surgeon who will help you in describing the nuances of an abdominoplasty. Good luck!

George Lefkovits, MD

Tummy tuck recommended over liposuction alone

+1

Patients with excess skin or loose skin that hangs below the abdomen will need a full abdominoplasty (tummy tuck). If you have intra-abdominal fat that increases your abdominal circumference, only diet and exercise will improve this.

Donna Rich, MD

#TummyTuck, #Lipo, or #Sculpting?

+1

Most likely a Tummy Tuck...It is the one way to get rid of excess skin that may be adding to the circumference and causing your problem....If combined with a little lipo, it can reduce this area even more!!!

John J. Corey, MD
Phoenix Plastic Surgeon

Tummy Tuck, Lipo, or Sculpting?

+1

If the problem is due to excess skin and the fat attached to that skin, nothing short of an abdominoplasty will be of benefit to you. It's hard to say more without a photo. If the problem is an accumulation of intraabdominal fat, that can only be addressed with weight loss. See a well qualified and board certified plastic surgeon for an exam and a complete answer to your question.

Ronald V. DeMars, MD

Abdominal contouring

+1

To improve the appearance of your tummy after having kids, you may want to consider an abdominoplasty.  Please visit with a board certified plastic surgeon to learn more about your options. 

C. Bob Basu, MD, FACS