Should I Get a Tummy Tuck, Lipo, or Brazilian Butt Lift? Which Surgery First? Can I Avoid TT Scar? (photo)

My stomach protudes out and I am not a fat person. I want an hourglass beautiful shape like before my two children that were natural childbirths. I hate to have a huge scar as involved with a tummy tuck. Can the fat in my abdomen be taken out and used for the Brazilian butt lift and will that be enough without me having to get the tummy tuck? I am 5'1/2-2,143 lbs and about 25-30 percent body fat.

Tummy and buttock contouring

+1

If you have had 2 kids, you will likely benefit from a tummy tuck.   But you may want to consider the brazilian buttock augmentation first.  If you have enough excess fat deposits in your flanks, waist, or tummy area, we can liposuction that extra unwanted fat and place that fat into the buttocks for volume augmentation.   I would recommend you start with a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon to learn more about your options.

Dr. Basu

Houston, TX

Tummy tuck vs lipo

+1

Excellent question! Given your dimensions and photos, it is clear that you have damaged your abdominal wall due to your pregnancies. This is a common occurrence for women who have carried children full term. Unfortunately, no amount of dieting or excercise can restore what pregnancy has stretched and damaged. The pressure from your abdominal contents can no longer be restrained-thus the bulging abdomen. Liposuction will not fix this. Abdminoplasty with mesh reinforcement is a proven technique that re-establishes pre-pregnancy anatomy. Your waist line is re-defined with lateral stitching (hourglass contour) and locked in with the mesh. Women who are overweight typically loose 10 lbs the first 2 weeks.

Kind regards,

Dr. H

Gary M. Horndeski, MD
Texas Plastic Surgeon

Should I Get a Tummy Tuck

+1

When patients come in complaining of a protruding stomach, I always check their muscles and their posture. We can't check your muscles without an exam but your side view photo indicates a posture that forces your abdomen forwards. Notice how the curve of the spine is matched almost exactly by the curve of the tummy. Even with a tummy tuck and major muscle repair yoyu will always have a round tummy with your posture in that photo.

Ronald V. DeMars, MD

Tummy tuck or Lipo After Pregnancy

+1

During pregnancy your abdominal wall (muscles and fascia) are stretched to accomodate the baby, and they rarely return to their pre-pregnancy state, even with working out.  Looking at your photographs it is difficult to be sure how much of your abdominal bulge is due to fat and how much is due to fascial laxity.

I would recommend that you schedule a consultation with a board-certified plastic surgeon, who can examine you and help you to determine if liposuction alone will achieve the abdominal appearance you desire. 

Fat suctioned from your abdomen can be used for a "Brazilian butt lift."

Good luck.

Craig S. Rock, MD