Tummy Tuck, Lift and Implants Recommended, but I Do Not Want Implants As I Am Happy with my Size?

My breasts are large enough, 34D-32DD. They have stretch marks, and, when I bend over, they look as if they are skinny and wrinkled and falling off of my body. Can a lift alone tighten my skin and reattach them so they don't look like this? I like the natural sag and slope of a breast. I just hate the stretched out skin. Also, I live hours away from a surgeon. What questions do I need to be asking during my consultations? I will be getting a tummy tuck as well.

Tummy Tuck and Breast Lift with or without Implants

+1

If a patient is happy with breast size, particularly if that size is D or larger, I would not recommend an implant at the same time.

Breast lifts without implants are definitely possible

+1

Breast lifts can be done without an implant.  It can be possible to just remove skin so that the overall size of the breast does not change, but the breast can be reshaped so that it is lifted and tightened. 

At your tummy tuck consultation, I would ask the surgeon where he or she places the scar, how the abdominal wall is plicated, if liposuction is done at the same time and how the belly button is reconstructed.  I would ask for before and after photos to see what sort of results he or she could offer you.

Best of luck with your surgery and thank you for your questions.

Shim Ching, MD
Honolulu Plastic Surgeon

Is breast reshaping possible without implants? Ask Dr Ellen

+1

Hello star_reserve,

A breast lift (mastopexy) is a great way to lift, shape, firm up and tighten your breast tissue while preserving natural contours.  Although removing and tightening the skin will reduce your cup size a bit, the end result can be beautiful and not require an implant.

There are a variety of procedures that can be customized to meet your expectations.  It is important to define your goals and have a detailed discussion with a board certified plastic surgeon as to risks and complications.

Thanks for asking!  Dr Ellen

Ellen A. Mahony, MD
Westport Plastic Surgeon

Breast lift

+1

A breast lift will tighten the skin without reducing the amount of breast tissue. However, this tightening might reduce the size or volume by compacting the tissues into a denser, more firm mound. Your surgeon should customize the surgery to achieve your desired result as closely as possible. You can check my recent publication for how to prepare for a consultation.

Robin T.W. Yuan, M.D.

Robin T.W. Yuan, MD

Lift and Implants Recommended, but I Do Not Want Implants

+1

If your breast size is satisfactory, by all means go ahead and have a lift alone without implants. That sounds very reasonable with what you have told us in your posting.Without some photos it is not possible to give any more specific advise. 

SInce you live so far from surgeons, you might consider scheduling more than one consultation on the day your are travelling.

Thanks and best wishes.

Avoid implant with Mini Ultimate Breast Lift

+1

If you are a 34 D or DD, you certainly do not need implants.  There is a new technique that uses only a circumareola incision to reshape your breast, elevate your breast higher on the chest wall to increase upper pole fullness and move your breast medial to increase cleavage.  This will tighten your skin to correct the wrinkling and will provide the appearance that you desire.  This operation takes about 3 hours and can be combined with a tummy tuck.  This new technique is called The Mini Ultimate Breast Lift.

Best Wishes,

Gary Horndeski, M.D.

Gary M. Horndeski, MD
Texas Plastic Surgeon

Breast lifts without implants

+1

A breast lift can be performed with or without implants.  The advantage to performing a lift with implants is that you can get more fullness in the upper portions of your breasts.  This will give you more cleavage especially in lower cut dresses and swim wear.  Many women are like you however and they don't want breast implants.  For these women, you can have a breast lift without implants, and you can still look great.  The difference is usually that you will not have as much fullness on top.  From your description of your tastes, this sounds like it will not be a problem.  The big thing you need to do is have your surgeon show you pictures of lifts with and without implants so that you can make an informed decision as to which look you prefer.  Good luck.

Sacha Obaid, MD

Don't have breast implants if you don't want bigger breasts.

+1

Implants make breasts bigger obviously.  A breast lift is often done without implants because the patient does not want a larger size.  If you don't want bigger breasts, don't buy breast implants.

Breast lift without a breast augmentation

+1

You should only consider breast implants if you want to be a larger size.  When I have women who are in the same position as you we can use your existing breast tissue to reshape and recontour the breasts.   The sagging breast tissue can be created on a dermal pedicle to give better upper pole fullness. This is called an autoaugmentation and shapes the breast without the use of an implant keeping you at the same size you are now.  

Tummy Tuck and breast lift with a little reduction is all you need.

+1

If what you are looking for is lifted and perkier breasts then you don't need breast implants. Doing a breast lift (mastopexy) with out implants will give you what you want. By adding breast implants you will increase the cost and risks of surgery. Combining a mastopexy with a tummy tuck is a great combination in the appropriate patient and gives marvelous results. Make sure you add some liposuction if indicated for the best results. This is called a Mommy Make Over. Be sure you are seeing a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon with experience in this combination. Ask to see before and after photos. Good luck.

Carl W. 'Rick' Lentz III, MD