I Had a Tummy Tuck, Hernia Repair and Lipo Suction 5 Months Ago Can I Start Exercising Now?

Abdominoplasty

+1

If you had repair of  a hernia along with a tummy tuck it is important to allow the abdominal muscular tissues to heal completely to yield a solid result.  I usually restrict my patients from any type of aggressive abdominal muscle exercises for 3 months (eg abdominal crunches).  At 5 months you are most likely able to exercise but as always check first with your surgeon to be sure there are no individual reasons he would like you on a different time table.  I hope this information is helpful.

Exercising after a Tummy Tuck

+1

By 5 months after Tummy Tuck surgery you should be well ealed and resume full activities. I would check with your surgeon to make sure. 

Exercising 5 month after a tummy tuck and liposuction

+1

Your doctor should have provided you with guidelines regarding exercising (did he/she?). However, at 5 months if everything is well healed as it sounds that it is, then you should be able to engage in unlimited activities. There should be no risk to tear or disrupt any part of the repair.

Steven Turkeltaub, MD

Exercise after tummy tuck with liposuction

+1
Patients can resume exercising about 6-8 weeks postop, beginning with a mild regimen and then building up to more serious exercises. The caveat is that, if you have a complication or problems with wound healing, that would delay the ability to return to the gym.

Robert L. Kraft, MD

Time to exercise after tummy tuck

+1

Actually you should have been doing something three months ago. Exercise by six to eight weeks after tummy tuck, even with a hernia repair, should be started in a graduated fashion. Time to get moving again.

Peter Johnson, MD

Exercise after tummy tuck

+1

Generally two months after a tummy tuck and liposuction patients are exercising full steam.

Every patient is different, of course, and some patients have a delayed ability to do abdominal crunches.

Be sure to ask your surgeon for their recommendations.  Often an appointment is helpful to ge the "all clear" before proceeding.

Brent Moelleken, MD