Can I Get a Tummy Tuck Without Muscle Repair?

I Am Considering Getting a Tummy Tuck, but I Do Not Like the Idea of the Muscle Repair Is It Possible to Have a Tummy Tuck without repairing the muscles.

Tummy Tuck without Muscle Repair?

+1

Yes, it is possible to have a tummy tuck performed without muscle repair BUT you should understand that the results will most likely be limited and may not be what you are wanting to achieve.  You need to have realistic goals.

I would suggest visiting with board certified plastic surgeons who can discuss your options with you and let you know what to realistically expect if you do not have the muscles repaired.

Web reference: http://www.poustiplasticsurgery.com/Procedures/Procedure_tummyTuck.htm

Tummy tuck without muscle repair.

+1

I agree with all of the other responses in that tummy tuck can be performed without muscle repair, but the end result may be compromised if the repair is truly needed. Communicate well with your surgeon and make sure he/she has plenty of experience with tummy tucks to advise you in this endeavor. 

Fort Wayne Plastic Surgeon

No muscle repair Tummy Tuck

+1

You can absolutly have a tummy tuck without muscle repair.  However some of the pouch you may have is not just fat and skin but a loose abdominal wall.  If that is the case then you may not get the best result without the muscle repair.  A board certified plastic surgeon will be able to let you know what is best for you.

Tummy tuck and muscle tightening

+1

Yes, it is possible to do a tummy tuck without muscle repair.  However, you may not get the best results that you could possibly get from the surgery.  An exam by a board-certified plastic surgeon will help you make the best decision for you.

Can I Get a Tummy Tuck Without Muscle Repair? ANS:

+1

Absolutely!!! I have a number of patients that have very tight muscles but just loose skin. Your Plastic Surgeon will help you do this evaluation to see if you are the best candidate for it but the bottom line is that if you don't want it, you don't have to have it....

Phoenix Plastic Surgeon

Tummy tuck can be individualized for each patient

+1

In order to best advise you it is essential that you have a consultation. This is one of the more common procedures performed in our practice and each patient hopes to have the best results with the least amount of recovery. Occasionally patients present with concerns that can be addressed without modifying the abdominal muscle layer. However, most patients will benefit from restoring tone and shape to the muscle layer along with the overlying skin and fat. Recovery from this surgery has become easier with changes and advances to how the procedure is performed. Feel free to cal the office to arrange for a consultation or visit our website for more details on this procedure.

Dr. Mosher

Vancouver Plastic Surgeon

Tummy tuck without a muscle repair

+1

While it's certainly possible to do a tummy tuck without repairing the muscle separation, most women tend to need this part of the operation as the rectus muscles usually splay apart with each pregnancy.  Repairing them and bringing them back together is a key part of most tummy tucks that helps create flattening of the abdomen, but ultimately this is a decision for you and your surgeon, and a discussion of the pros and cons of the muscle repair with your surgeon may be a good next step.

Web reference: http://www.drsalemy.com

Tummy Tuck Surgery - with or without muscle repair?

+1

Like all plastic surgical procedures, our surgical plans are customized to each patient's specific needs and concerns. In the case of a tummy tuck surgery, it depends on your body. No two peoples physique are exactly the same. Depending on what your tummy needs, that dictates what type of surgery you should have. Some patients have problems with loose skin (such as post-weight loss). Others may have a problem with droopy hanging tissue that consists of both fatty tissue and redundant skin. Another set of patients may have rectus diastasis from pregnancy, along with the redundant skin an fat problem. Depending on what your needs are, that is the surgery you should receive to get the best results possible.  The different variations of a tummy tuck procedures are as follows: 1. skin only 2. skin removal with liposuction 3. skin removal with muscle repair 4. skin removal with muscle repair and liposuction

IF you need muscle repair are willing to accept sub-optimal results, we are able to perform the surgery as you'd like. For example, if you do need muscle repair and would rather have a tummy tuck surgery that does not repair the muscle, we can do it. Your abdomen just won't be flat after surgery if your muscle is loose and was not tightened during surgery. What the a tummy tuck without muscle repair will do for you in this case is remove the extra skin and fat, but not change the muscle contour. It is best to have a discussion with your plastic surgeon after he has been able to examine you to see what it is you need and if a tummy tuck without muscle repair will give you the results you seek. He/She may tell you that a tummy tuck without muscle repair is suitable for you. Good luck!

Yes, it is possible to have a tummy tuck without the muscle repair.

+1

Yes, it is possible to have a tummy tuck without the muscle repair.  Ask your surgeon to perform the procedure this way.

To be sure, see two or more board-certified plastic surgeons in your area for a full and complete evaluation to make sure you are a good candidate and that it is safe for you to have surgery. I hope this helps.

Muscle repair with tummy tuck is usually necessary but not always

+1

A tummy tuck is usually something considered for changes that result from prior pregnancy, and these typically include skin laxity, localized fat, and muscle separation (disatasis.) The proper treatment depends on the condidtions being treated, so if there is a muscle separation it should be corrected. Occasionally I see patients who don't need it, but if it is there then no one wants to do an inadequate operation.