Tummy Tuck, Breast Lift & Breast Implants Help? (photo)

How low will I be able to get my tt scar, will it remove stretch marks around belly button? I am a D and want to be about that, but fuller/perkier. I want round & smooth. Nipples smaller. What size would fit me? Moderate/High? Under/abover muscle? I want a sexy look, like before kids, but still natural. I know I will not be able to get exact answers without a consultation. I am done having kids, need to lose about 15 lbs before my consultation. 5'7" 153lbs 22yrs Any other info is appreciated.

Mommy Makeover

+2

It is very difficult to give accurate advise without an in person exam. However looking at your pictures it appears that you would do well with a mastopexy (lift)/ implant and a tummy tuck.

The stretch marks that are removed are between the lower portion of the incision and the belly button. The stretch marks that are above will remain but will be brought downward. Therefore it is important that you wear something low cut to help plan where the incision will go. For the breasts it appears that an implant under the muscle (dual plane) will benefit you most with a concurrent lift.

Most importantly do continue to lose weigh and make sure that you consult with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Good luck.

Mommy Makeover Concerns...

+2

Thank you for the question and pictures.

Based on your pictures, you should do well with breast augmentation/lifting as well as tummy tuck surgery. You are going about things correctly by losing weight prior to undergoing the procedures.  Select your plastic surgeon carefully and communicate your goals carefully as well.

In my practice, I prefer  the use of photographs to help with the communication between patient and surgeon. For example, these photos will help demonstrate what you mean by “fuller/ perkier” as well as “sexy/natural”. As you can imagine, these words may mean different things to different people;  clarifing your goals with your plastic surgeon will be critical to the success of the operations.  Generally, I prefer the use of sub muscular (dual plane) positioning of the breast implants.

You will be able to  help plan the incision line for the tummy tuck operation. Often, it is helpful to plan the operation with the patient wearing her undergarments or swimming suit. 

Mommy makeover questions

+2

As you know, there is no way to do a consultation without an in person exam but you do look like you could get a nice result from a MM.  The TT is the core of it.  The breasts need full lifts.  IF you are looking for a full perky look (need to show your doctor exactly what the look is you hope for) you will need to consider doing the lift, letting it heal and then putting in the higher profile implants about 4 months later.  For a more modest upper pole enhancement, a moderate profile implant can be done and often can be done the same day.  Remember that you can't safely put big stretching forces (a big implant) up against the tightening forces of the lift in the same day.

Richard P. Rand, MD, FACS

Mommy makeover

+1

Hi,

You are a win in my practice.  You are the body type that fits the mommy makeover.  Breast lift/reduction with implants (see below), tummy tuck and liposuction of several areas.  All done in one setting.

The reason I would do a reduction on you is to decrease the breast tissue over the muscle and increase the implant under the muscle.  In this way, the tissue over the muscle will have less tendency to drop over a time and form a double bubble.  You need to look years ahead...not months.  The implant is being held under the muscle so it will not drop much.

Your areolas will be decreased as part of the process.  The stretch marks of the lower abdomen will be gone for the most part but any above your belly button now may very well stay in the lower pubic area.  Then liposuction away for the curves that enhance the new contours.  I am personally fairly agressive with the liposuction because of the wonderful effect of this addition when done properly.

Look forward to a good result but make sure your ps is very much on board with the ideas that make sense to you. 

Steven M. Lynch, MD
Albany Plastic Surgeon

Tummy tuck makes breast look Bigger

+1

The tummy tuck will excise all the skin from about 1 inch above your umbilicus down to your pubic bone.  This will include most of your stretch marks but those above that level will not be removed.  The resultant scar will be quite low overlying your pubic bone.  This technique will flatten your abdomen and will make your breasts appear even larger.  For your breasts, I recommend a new technique called The Ultimate Breast Lift.  This procedure is done without vertical incisions or ugly boat anchor shaped scars )Wise pattern was developed in 1956).  If you are size D then you do not need more volume but you do want them perkier.  This technique is specifically designed to elevate your breast tissue higher on the chest wall, create upper pole fullness and increase cleavage.  Since the breasts are higher they will look larger especially after the tummy tuck.

Best Wishes,

Gary Horndeski, M.D.

Gary M. Horndeski, MD
Texas Plastic Surgeon

Tummy-tuck and breast implants with mommy makeover

+1

It is very difficult to know without a physical exam. However, based on your photos, I would consider a mini-tummy tuck combined with abdominal liposuction. Unfortunately, this will not remove the stretch-marks around the belly-button. You would likely require a traditional abdominoplasty to remove the stretch-marks. I am unsure if you have enough excess skin to allow for a full tummy-tuck with a low placed scar.

In terms of the breast rejuvenation, you would likely require a combined breast lift (mastopexy) and augmentation to acheive your desired results. If you have very thin breast tissue in the upper aspect, you would likely acheive a better result with a sub-pectoral (under the muscle) implant.

Again, it is very difficult to make good recommendations without a physical exam. As always, it is very important to consult with a reputable, board-certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes!

Jarrod Little, MD

Tummy Tuck, Breast Lift & Breast Implant

+1

From the attached photos, I think you can expect a nice improvement with a tummy tuck and with breast surgery

• Tummy tuck--should correct the bulge and removed excess skin. The skin above the navel will probably not be removed, but will be lower down on you abdomen, and will be stretched, and probably less noticeable. 
  • Breast--if the size is OK I would favor a breast lift without implants. This can decrease your areolar size, elevate the nipples and areolas, remove excess skin. Implants may give you more upper pole fill that must a lift, but if the size is satisfactory, I would try to avoid the use of implants. If you do want implants, you will need to review the pros and cons of doing the breast in one vs two stages. 

When you ready for an in person consultation, RealSelf has listings of surgeons in your area. You should consider cross referencing the listings from the The American Society of Plastic Surgeons (plasticsurgery dot org). A listing in the ASPS website assures you that your surgeon is not only board certified,  but also is a member in good standing of the major plastic surgery organization in the U. S.
Thank your for your question, best wishes.

Mommy Makeover

+1

You are correct - it requires a formal physical exam/consultation to make any recommendations.  However based on your photos alone, you are likely a very good candidate for a mommy makeover.  Based on your anatomy, your PS will do his/her best to get your transverse tummy tuck scar as low as possible.  In term sof your breast, you will likely benefit from a breast augmentation and lift.   Please visit with a board certified PS to learn more about your options.   Best wishes,

Dr. Basu

Houston, TX

C. Bob Basu, MD, FACS

Mommy Makeover options

+1

Thank you for your pictures.  You appear to be an excellent candidate for a mommy makeover procedure.  An in person consultation with a board-certified plastic surgeon will give you the best answers.  The tummy tuck scar can be kept rather low and still allow removal of skin up to the belly button.  The stretch marks above the belly button will not be able to be removed, but will be brought to a lower position.  You appear to be an excellent candidate for a vertical lift with placement of implants.  The size of implants depend on how "full" you want to be.  I definitely agree with losing all of your weight prior to undergoing any surgery.  Good luck!

Naveen Setty, MD, FACS

Mommy makeover

+1
Mommy makeover is designed around each patient to return the figure as much as possible to a more youthful appearance. This involved a breast lift with or without implants as well as abdominoplasty. In your case you would benefit from a full lift with possibly a small implant to obtain better fullness of the upper poles of the breasts. The size and type of implant used  requires an exam to see what look you are after. Depending on the appearance of the upper abdomen you may need a full abdominoplasty not just a mini-tuck. With full abdominoplasty all stretch marks below the belly button are removed.

Shahriar Mabourakh, MD, FACS
Sacramento Plastic Surgeon