Do I need a tummy tuck?

I am 25 and I've had 2 children ages 3 and 6. I am 155 currently and have come down from 230 since April of this year. I am 5'2. My belly doesn't seem to be getting any better with my weight loss and actually doesn't look much different. I gained 90+ pound with each of my pregnancies and got down to 135 before I ended up pregnant with my son who is now 3. Should I wait to lose more weight before I have a tummy tuck done ? I was also thinking of getting my breasts done as well.

Do I need tt

+2

Hi twinklefeet. Nobody needs anything. The question is what can I get done that will make me feel and look better? I believe a full tt will give you an excellent result. A lower body lift will give you a tt as well as lift your lax lateral thighs as well. At the same time if needed your butt could get lifted an even augmented.

San Antonio Plastic Surgeon

Do I need a tummy tuck ?

+1
Hello Twinklefeets.
It should actually always be the patient who should express what she would like changed on her body. Individual taste can be very varied and should not be dependent on the surgeon’s taste. For example, I came across a patient with a terribly bad nose, but who only wanted to have her slightly protruding ears pinned and found her ugly nose beautiful. In my opinion, you are a candidate for a tummy tuck, but as I’ve already said, you should be the one that wishes it.

Germany Plastic Surgeon

Do I need a tummy tuck?

+1

Based on the photos you posted, you are a great candidate for a tummy tuck.  You should have a very nice result as all the excess skin will be removed and your abdominal muscles tightened.  I advise my patients to be at a realistic weight that they can maintain when they move forward with this procedure.  You don't want to lose so much that you can maintain it and end up undoing everything and you don't want to continue losing 25-30 more lbs either.  Just make sure you are at a comfortable weight you can maintain and are happy at and find a board certified plastic surgeon to interview.  ac

Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon

Do I Need a Tummy Tuck?

+1
First of all thank you for your question and pictures.  After reviewing your pictures I would recommend a full Tummy Tuck.  The full tummy tuck will remove that unwanted extra skin and tighten up your upper and lower abdominal muscles.  I would recommend having a consultation with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best of luck to you.
Saint Paul Plastic Surgeon

Do I need a tummy tuck?

+1
The tummy tuck would be able to address loose skin and tighten the abdominal wall.

Find a plastic surgeon who performs hundreds of tummy tuck procedures each year. Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.

Web reference: http://www.hughesplasticsurgery.com/tummy-tuck-photo-galleries.php

Who Benefits From Tummy Tuck?

+1

Tummy tuck is a procedure which reduces excess skin, tightens the lining of the abdominal muscles, reduces excess fat in the lower abdomen, narrows the waist, and significantly tightens the skin.  The procedure makes huge improvements for many patients, especially after childbirth.  Thank you for submitting some pictures.   From the photos, you appear to be a good candidate for a tummy tuck!

Web reference: http://www.latummytuck.com

Tummy Tuck

+1
HI,
  A tummy tuck would almost certainly be the best option for you to get the most youthful looking abdomen. With that said, however, you should consider a few things.
Do you plan to have more children? If so , you might wish to wait until you are happy with the number of children that you will have, as you would probably need the surgery once again should you get pregnant.
Also, it is advisable for you to get as close to your ideal weight as possible in a way that will allow you to maintain this weight over time. Large weight fluctuations can reduce the effectiveness of a tummy tuck and even, may cause you to want to have the surgery again.
It is not difficult to combine a breast surgery with a tummy tuck, but you should be examined by a Board certified Plastic Surgeon to be sure that you are a candidate for either or both of the two procedures and to discuss the risks of the procedures, including the location of the scars and other potential complications.
Hope this helps,
Dr. Rodgers
Denver Plastic Surgeon

Who Benefits from Tummy Tuck and Breast lift?

+1

You need abdominoplasty and breast lift to achieve your goal. 

Your weight is fine. 

You are ready now. 

Go for it. 

Claim yourself for yourself in 2014.  What are you waiting for? 

Have your tummy tuck and breast surgery now and be 25 again.

TT

+1

Thank you for your pictures.

Congratulations on your weight loss. I believe that you are a great candidate for a tummy tuck and in combination with liposuction in the waist, upper and lower back and fat grafting in to buttocks, will give you the body that you have been dreaming of.

Mexico Plastic Surgeon

Need a tummy tuck?

+1

No one ever "needs" a tummy tuck. But, if the appearance of your abdomen concerns you enough to undergo a surgical procedure, a full tummy tuck can produce a significant cosmetic improvement. In the appropriate patient, breast surgery can be performed in conjunction with a  tummy tuck. There are no lesser or non-surgical procedures that would produce a reasonable result with your particular anatomy.

Keep in mind, that following the advice from a surgeon on this or any other website who proposes to tell you exactly what to do without examining you, physically feeling the tissue, assessing your desired outcome, taking a full medical history, and discussing the pros and cons of each operative procedure may not be in your best interest. I would suggest you find a plastic surgeon certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery and ideally a member of the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS) that you trust and are comfortable with. You should discuss your concerns with that surgeon in person.

Robert Singer MD  FACS

La Jolla, California 

La Jolla Plastic Surgeon