Do I Need a Tummy Tuck? (photo)

What can be done regarding my loose skin? After having my baby 18 mo. Ago via c-section... My abdominal area is quite "flabby". Due to the large size of my baby, I have been diagnosed w/ distasis recti... And have also had an umbilical hernia repaired. I'd love to know what I can do to feel good about myself again!

Tummy Tuck - Abdominoplasty

+1

A candidate for an abdominoplasty (tummy tuck) is one who is not planning to have more children, loose-lax hanging abdominal skin, decreased abdominal wall tone with or without rectus diastasis (muscle separation).  An examination by a plastic surgeon will determine whether or not your a candidate.

Philadelphia Plastic Surgeon

Do I Need a Tummy Tuck?

+1

First, you must decide if you are going to have another child. If so, do not have an abdominoplasty yet. If not, then proceed with a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon.  I think if you do you will find that you are an excellent candidate for a tummy tuck.  this procedure will remove the extra loose skin and tighten the diastasis recti.

Web reference: http://www.drvitenas.com/abdominoplasty.html

Do I need a TT?

+1

From your photos, you do have some skin laxity in the lower abdomen but it certainly is not extreme. You may be better off waiting if you are considering having another child. The trade off of a TT is a fairly long scar so consider this carefully before making a decision. All the best.

Sydney Plastic Surgeon

Do I need a Tummy Tuck?

+1

Based on your photos, I think the best option for you is to have a tummy tuck with liposuction to provide you with better definition and profile. Your surgeon should also repair your separated muscles as well as hernia at the same time.

London Plastic Surgeon

Tummy tuck?

+1

You will understand that without a face to face consultation you must exercise caution in being swayed one way or the other by a PS commenting on your brief description and two photos. Without a tummy tuck the separation of your abdominal muscles can't be repaired, in addition this will allow vertical skin excess to be excised. However, timing is critical. You're weight should be ideal and your family complete! Good luck.

London Plastic Surgeon

Do I Need a Tummy Tuck

+1

The best answer will be based upon an actual i person exam in the setting of a consultation. From the photos and from your description, you sound like a good TT candidate. 

A TT will remove excess skin, tighten the abdominal wall, including a repair of the diastasis recti. The hernia can be repaired at the same setting. 

When you are ready for an in person consultation, RealSelf has listings of surgeons in your area. You should consider cross referencing the listings from the The American Society of Plastic Surgeons (plasticsurgery dot org). A listing in the ASPS website assures you that your surgeon is not only board certified,  but also is a member in good standing of the major plastic surgery organization in the U. S. Thank you for your question, best wishes.

Do I Need a Tummy Tuck?

+1

The only way to remove stretch marks, correct sagging abdominal wall , remove excess fat and skin and regain the youthful appearance of the abdomen after pregnancy is by performing a tummy tuck  that almost always should be  accompany with a liposuction to get a better contoured, one important aspect is to choose the adecuate  moment, if you are not thinking about to have more children in next future( less than 2  or 3 years) you may be a candidate for tummy tuck.

Tummy tuck after pregnancy: is it necessary

+1

Only direct skin excision can correct skin looseness after pregancy.  Other methods only give at best minimal improvement.  5-6 inches of skin in vertical direction are commonly removed.  In addition, usually there is stretching of the tissue overlying the muscles (fascia)m which results in separation of the muscles, and that is also corrected.  From your pictures, you look like an ideal candidate: normal weight, significant skin excess, and muscle separation.

Only in abdominoplasty can deal with loose skin after pregnancy.

+1

Skin tightening technology (laser, ultrasound, radiofrequency) cannot significantly tighten the skin. After pregnancy only in abdominoplasty can restore a flat abdomen with a youthful look.

Web reference: http://www.zubowicz.com/subpag,21-atlanta-abdominoplast.htm

Mommy Make-over Tummy tuck

+1

I think you are a great candidate for an abdominoplasty (tummy tuck).  You have a fairly flat abdomen and a tummy tuck can remove excess skin, fat and stretch marks from right above your belly button to your pubic bone.  At the same time, you can have your abdominal muscles sutured back together (something you can't do with any amount of work-out!) and instantly have a flat, well toned belly.  You will do great!  K. Roxanne Grawe, MD Columbus Plastic Surgeon

Web reference: http://www.roxyplasticsurgery.com

Columbus Plastic Surgeon