5'5, 155lbs, After 2 C-Sections, Candidate For Tummy Tuck? (photo)

Im 5'5 I weight 155. I'm small but I have 2 C-sections that left me with a stomach that im not comfortable with and Im considering at tummy tuck would that be the right way to go or is there other options out there?

Candidate for Tummy Tuck after C-Sections

+1

Thank you for the pictures.  Looking at the pictures you would be a candidate for a tummy tuck.  Either full or mini depending on your expectations. A tummy tuck, or abdominoplasty, is designed to firm and smooth the abdomen. This cosmetic procedure removes excess skin and fat from the abdomen and may also tighten the muscles of the abdominal wall. The result of a tummy tuck is a flatter, tighter abdominal profile.

Tummy tucks are best-suited to men or women who are in good medical condition, but are troubled by a large fat deposit or loose abdominal skin that doesn't respond to diet or exercise, and cannot be corrected with liposuction  alone. Women who have experienced significant stretching of abdominal skin from multiple pregnancies will also benefit from a tummy tuck. My recommendation to you would be to consult a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon to find out what procedures would give you the results you are looking for. Best of Luck.

Saint Paul Plastic Surgeon

5'5, 155lbs, After 2 C-Sections, Candidate For Tummy Tuck?

+1

Might consider 20 pounds of weight loss, mini TT, or liposuction. Best to obtain IN PERSON evaluations. 

+1

You may be a good candidate for tummy tuck and liposuction of the sides.  An exam would be necessary to determine for sure.  Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of tummy tucks and liposuction procedures each year.  Look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to determine which plastic surgeon can get you to your goals.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Web reference: http://www.hughesplasticsurgery.com/tummy-tuck-photo-galleries.php

Contouring after 2 c-sections

+1

From your photos provided and assuming you want your tummy flatter and tighter, an extended mini-tuck could provide a satisfactory result.  Would suggest floating your belly button as well.  Regardless, you need to see a surgeon and let them know of your expectations and goals and let them tell you what they can do for you to achieve them.

Am I a candidate for tummy tuck?

+1

The way to know whether to have a tummy tuck or simply liposuction is to decide if you want to just reduce your fullness (lipo) or tighten up your skin and muscle (TT). Liposuction is a simple recovery and will not damage your tattoo but will leave the skin somewhat loose. Tummy tuck will be a longer recovery (4-6 weeks), result in loss of your tattoo, create a long permanent scar, but give you a very flat tight abdomen. The choice is up to you.

Diana L. Elias, MD

Saint Petersburg Plastic Surgeon