Tummy Tuck 7 Months Ago and Not as Flat as I thought I'd Be? (photo)

Hi. It's been about 7 months since my I had a tummy tuck and am not as flat as I thought I would be. Above my belly button I look really flat however I have a bulge under my belly button to be quite honest I look as if I could be 2 months pregnant. It's really notably when I have on pants or a dress. I don't know what it could've cause this to happen. Please help!

Tummy tuck results

+3

Considering the general shape of your lower body, it looks like you got an excellent result from your tummy tuck.  Sometimes your body won't allow you to get what your mind wants but your result shows that you had a skilled plastic surgeon. Try to be happier!

Tummy Tuck 7 Months Ago and Not as Flat as I thought I'd Be?

+2

Your result is very good as compared to the total appearance of your body. I would decline further operations on your abdomen at this time. 

Tummy Tuck bulge post-op

+2

Thank you for your question. Judging from your photos, it appears that you have an excellent result. For some patients, it is not possible to get a ‘washboard’ flat abdomen with a tummy tuck due to your natural body structure & contour, and intra-abdominal fat content. Rarely, some patient may "rip" the sutures used for the abdominal muscle plication due to heavy coughing, sneezing, nausea and vomiting during the early postop period. My advice is to visit a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon and have a physical examination done to determine if there is anything extra that can be done.

Web reference: http://www.georgiaplastic.com/body-procedures-atlanta/tummy-tuck/

Bulge post TT

+1

This is not too bad and I would do soem abdominal exercises to strengthen your abdominal muscles.It would be an easy correction to go back and tighten your lower abdomiunal wall but it would mena more surgery.

Web reference: http://beautybybrueck.com

Fort Myers Plastic Surgeon

Flat abdomen after tummy tuck

+1

Based on your photos you have a great result from a tummy tuck. Your abdomen does look flat, and actually has a nice contour. Any fullness you see is simply the thickness of your abdominal wall, which is made up of skin and subcutaneous fat. The fat from your abdominal wall is not thinned during surgery because it can interfere with blood supply, and you could end up with dead skin and have an open wound. If you want your abdomen to be flatter, the best way to do this is to lose weight, and the thickness of this fat will decrease. Liposuction is an option, but you could end up with contour irregularities if it is done too close to the skin. Keep in mind the proportions of your breasts, abdomen, and hips. Objectively speaking you have a great result.

Postop Tummy Tuck

+1

It appears that you have a very nice result.  It is important that you have realistic expectations before proceeding with surgery so you reduce the likelihood of postop disappointment.  Complete flatness of the abdomen is not always possible.  Try to appreciate the significant improvement that you have had without complications and enjoy your results.

Saint Louis Plastic Surgeon

Tummy tuck results

+1
Judging from the photo, I can imagine what your preop must have looked like and, under those circumstances, you have had a major improvement.

Result After Tummy Tuck

+1

Your results are excellent based on the post op photos your provided. Your scar is very well healed and symmetric. Everyone is different and has different circumstances surrounding their surgery. Therefore your results will differ. Please keep this in mind when you evaluate posts on the internet. Enjoy your result!

+1

I agree with the previous posts.  You got an excellent result with your surgery. If you are not completely satisfied, you should discuss with your surgeon.  Good luck!

Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon

Flattening a Tummy Tuck Further With Additional Liposuction

+1

Based on just your after surgery pictures, you have as good a result from a tummy tuck as possible. The fullness to which you reference is the thickness of the abdominal skin flap brought down to close the tummy tuck. There is nothing that your plastic surgeon could have done safely to make that any thinner and not risk major wound healing problems. Your choices at this point are to either accept the result as the best possible with just a tummy tuck or have some additional liposuction done to flatten out the area between the belly button and the incision further.

Web reference: http://www.eppleyplasticsurgery.com/tummy.html