Will loosing 15 lbs after my tummy tuck affect my results? Will my skin now be loose?

Loosing weight after an abdominoplasty

+1

On some individuals 15 pounds could make a difference and on others it will make no difference.  It all depends upon your existing skin elasticity.  Fortunately the fist 10 pounds is usually intra-abdominal or visceral fat and should help to make your abdomen even flatter.  

Tummy Tuck and Weight Loss

+1

It is ideal be at or near your ideal weight prior to any body contouring procedure. Depending on your age. skin condition and overall weight loss (is it all over or concentrated in your midsection your skin may or be less taught after weight loss

Michael Law, MD
Raleigh-Durham Plastic Surgeon

Will losing 15lbs after a Tummy Tuck effect my results?

+1

Although we would ideally like you to be as close to your goal weight as possible prior to your tummy tuck, losing an additional 15lbs after shouldn't significantly affect your results.  What's most important is maintaining your weight and living a healthy lifestyle so you can continue to enjoy the benefits of your new body. Best of luck!

Andrew Smith, MD, FACS
Irvine Plastic Surgeon

Mild Weight Loss After Tummy Tuck

+1

A 15 pound weight loss following your tummy tuck should have minmal effect on your result.  If this does result in a small amount of loose skin, it likely could be improved with a little procedure under local anesthesia.

John Whitt, MD

Will loosing 15 lbs after my tummy tuck affect my results

+1

15 pounds of weight loss is not likely to affect your outcome in a negative way. Furthermore, in the unlikely event that it does, it is not irreversible--if it is bad enough you can correct it by gaining the weight back. 

Go for it. Best wishes. 

Weight loss after a tummy tuck will not significantly affect the results.

+1

An abdominoplasty deals with excess skin excess fat and abdominal wall laxity. Weight loss after correction of these issues will not significantly affect the results.

Enjoying your tummy tuck

+1

I wouldn't be too concerned about loosing weight after your tummy tuck;  especially that amount.  Your skin will likely fit your new figure quite well since a tummy tuck gives you a tight tailoring.  I think it's always a good idea to achieve your ideal weight if that is your goal.

Justin Yovino, MD, FACS

Weight Loss after Tummy Tuck Surgery?

+1

Generally speaking, best to achieve your long-term stable weight ( and maintain it afterwards) prior to proceeding with tummy tuck surgery. Having said that, it is unlikely that a 15 pound weight loss will negatively impact the end results of the procedure.

Weight loss after Tummy Tuck

+1

Losing 15 pounds after Tummy Tuck Surgery should not have any negative effect on your surgical result.  

Robert E. Zaworski, MD

Losing 15 pounds after tummy tuck

+1

Losing a small amount of weight like 15 pounds after a tummy tuck will only improve your results.  Problems with more loose skin will not occur unless you lose a lot of weight (50 pounds or more).  

Sacha Obaid, MD