Tummy Tuck 6 Months After Pregnancy? (photo)

I had a baby 6 months ago & i cant seem to loose the weight unfortunately, I was considering in getting a tummy tuck in the near future & I would like to know if I would still have loose skin afterwards & an average amount of how much it will cost

Before undergoing an abdominoplasty or a body lift, I would wait a full 12 months after pregnancy.

+1

Before undergoing an abdominoplasty or a body lift, I would wait a full 12 months after pregnancy. Waiting another six months will allow your body to shrink from your pregnancy. I believe your abdomen will still shrink some more. It would be sad if you underwent an abdominoplasty or body lift now and then later find your body still shrinking after surgery. You might be left with excess skin requiring revision surgery. I have found that fees for abdominoplasties and body lift vary by region. Cost can also vary by expertise. I would seek a surgeon who is certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery. In addition, I would seek a surgeon with a significant amount of experience with abdominoplasties. Request to see a large number of patients with bodies similar to yours. Do not become someone's experiment just to save money. The cost for revision surgery may be way more than the original difference in price between an experienced and less experienced surgeon. Good luck with your surgery. Sincerely, Dr. Katzen

Web reference: http://timothykatzenmd.com/body/abdominoplasty-tummy-tuck/

Tummy Tuck after Pregnancy

+1

Six months after childbirth is an adequate waiting time for a tummy tuck. A tummy tuck requires a low transverse insicion  whose length is determined by how much excess skin you have. It is important that you are closest to your post-partum ideal weight before having this procedure. The goal is to give you the flattest abdomen possible so that there will be little to no excess skin.

Winter Park Plastic Surgeon

When to get a tummy tuck after childbirth

+1

The timing for a tummy tuck after having a child depends on several things.  If you have a c-section, I would wait about 3 months before having anything done.  This will allow the muscles to heal completely and allow the skin to heal as well.  If you don't have a c-section and the post natal period went very well, then you could have a tummy tuck as early as 6 weeks afterward.  Now that you're 6 months post childbirth, you're at a great point to have a tummy tuck.  Having done many tummy tucks, I remove as much skin as possible to help achieve a much flatter stomach.  Also, tightening the muscles helps greatly to add to the flatness.  The cost ranges between $5-6K depending on whether or not liposuction needs to be done at the same time.  Your pictures show that you can get a nice result from a tummy tuck, but it's hard to tell you exactly what needs to be done and how much it will cost without actually seeing you.  Congratulations on your new baby!  Dr. Schreiber, Baltimore plastic surgeon

Web reference: http://www.baltimoreplasticsurgery.com/Procedures_TummyTuck_865369.aspx

Tummy Tuck after Pregnancy

+1

Best long-term results following tummy tuck are achieved when you are close to your goal weight. A plastic surgeon can certainly tighten your abdominal skin and muscles at current weight. However, if you lose a significant amount of weight following tummy tuck surgery you may need additional skin tightening. 

Ready for tummy tuck

+1

It appears that a tummy tuck would help remove much of the excess skin that you have and tighten your abdominal muscles.  It is best to wait for surgery until your weight is stable.  You may also want to consider if you are done having children.  Although you can still carry a pregnancy after a tummy tuck, it makes sense to wait until after you're finished with pregnancies.  I would recommend a visit to a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon in your area for a personalized evaluation.  Good luck!

Katy Plastic Surgeon

Wait until you are at a stable weight before abdominoplasty

+1

Your photos appear to show a roundness of your abdomen often associated with rectus diastasis, or separation of the abdominal muscles common after pregnancy, in addition to loose skin.  These are things that could be improved with abdominoplasty.  However, the weight changes after pregnancy can take time to resolve and weight loss after an abdominoplasty can compromise your outcome.  It is usually recommended that you achieve a stable weight before undergoing abdominoplasty to obtain attain the best long-term result.

Spokane Plastic Surgeon

Tummy tuck 6 months after delivery is OK.

+1

Hi.

You look like a very good candidate. Loose skin should be gone.  Fees vary widely. At least $5000.

Tummy tuck 6 months after pregnancy

+1
I think you are a good candidate for surgery. The question you must ask yourself is whether you have reached a postpartum goal weight. If so, then surgery can proceed, although I prefer to wait a bit longer to allow things to tighten more of their own accord. If you plan to lose weight, then I recommend that you delay surgery until closer to your goal. Another important factor is whether you plan more children as this may result in the need for revisional surgery.

Results of an abdominoplasty

+1

You appear to be a good candidate for an abdominoplasty.  There are 3 components that will be corrected with an abdominoplasty these include removing excess skin, excess fat and a tightening of the abdominal fascia.  One problem that will persist is the loose skin of the posterior area.  Any excess of fat in this zone, posterior hips and flanks can be liposuctioned but loose skin will persist.  The key is that with an abdominoplasty will improve the contour and anatomy of your trunk.  The average cost of this procedure, performed under general anesthesia would be in the 7 thousand dollar range.  

Tummy Tuck 6 Months After Pregnancy?

+1

I think you would have a nice improvement of your abdominal contour with a tummy tuck. The results would be nicer, and the risks lower if you were closer to your ideal weight. If you were to have a TT now and later lost 50 pounds, you might indeed have loose skin. But if your weight remains stable, that is unlikely. 

Prices varying by geography, by surgeon, by patient. Realself quoted prices are real numbers paid by patients who post questions.

When you ready for an in person consultation, RealSelf has listings of surgeons in your area. You should consider cross referencing the listings from the The American Society of Plastic Surgeons (plasticsurgery dot org). A listing in the ASPS website assures you that your surgeon is not only board certified,  but also is a member in good standing of the major plastic surgery organization in the U. S. Thank you for your question, best wishes.