Can I Get a Second Tummy Tuck After Two Years? I Have a High Scar, Lump, and Loose Skin.

I had a tummy tuck done 2 years ago, I was left with a high scar and a lump on the right side of my incision which is very noticeable in clothing and a bathing suit. I have loose skin Below my bellybutton and flanks. Can my incision be lowered and my skin tightened? I talked with my ps and she didn't really say anything, just that she understood about it being low. Can anyone recommend a good ps in the Ct area?

Revision tummy tuck

+2
I think you would be a candidate for revision, although the extent of surgery required cannot be determined without physical examination. The ASPS website will list the board certified plastic surgeons in CT by location and of course, my alma mater, Yale University School of Medicine, is the teaching institution in New Haven with U Conn in Hartford as an alternative. You will find many fine plastic surgeons in the state. Good luck.

Getting a tummy tuck revision ...

+1

Without examining your specific situation, in my experience after a few months have gone by an abdominoplasty flap can usually be mobilized enough to lower a scar significantly.  Any irregularities in the flap, if due to excess fat, can be addressed with liposuction.  However, there are other causes of lumps such as fluid collections and an uneven skin tension from the first procedure. This cannot be determined without a physical examination.

I always recommend to patients who are dissatisfied with their results to try and work it out with their original surgeon, but if this is simply not possible then I recommend you go to the ASPS (American Society of Plastic Surgeons) website, plasticsurgery.org, for a list of board certified plastic surgeons in your area.

Philadelphia Plastic Surgeon

Tummy tuck a second time

+1

Provided there is enough skin laxity, it is possible to revise the tummy tuck and lower the scar so it is better concealed by clothing. If you current plastic surgeon is not receptive to the idea a second opinion can help.

Web reference: http://www.peterejohnsonmd.com/tummy-tuck

Are you a candidate for a revision tummy tuck?

+1

From what you describe, it sounds as if you have been left with various unfavourable problems after your original tummy tuck: a high scar, unevenness, dog ears (the lump to the right of your incision). 

Your incision should be able to be lowered (from what you describe) and your residual laxity could then be tightened. 

Good luck with the completion of your plastic surgery journey

London Plastic Surgeon

Full tummy tuck revision

+1

Sounds like you could possible be a candidate for a full tummy tuck revision or re-do.  Its essentially a complete full tummy tuck performed to lower the scar, correct irregularities, thin and shape the abdomen and belly button.  It is important that you try and see plastic surgeons that are experienced in doing these procedures in order to make your second go around a more satisfying experience.

Dr Remus Repta

Web reference: http://aaaplasticsurgery.com

Second Tummy Tuck

+1

Sorry for your displeasure with the results of your original surgery It is possible to revise tummy tuck results. If your surgeon is not comfortable in performing the revision, consult with 3 - 4 experienced and expert board certified plastic surgeons to explore your options. The ASPS website is a good starting point to identify qualified, board certified plastic surgeons in your area.

?? 2nd tummy tuck

+1

It is quite hard to make a reasonable recommendation without at least photos. 

However, if the skin is loose and the scar is high, it should be possible to make an incision at the current scar level and raise the skin and fat off from your abdominal muscles and pull the skin down and make a lower scar.

For a referral, check the ASPS website (plasticsurgery.org) to locate a surgeon near you for another opinion.

Ask a Doctor

Get personalized answers from board-certified doctors. For free.