Is This How Tummy Tuck is Done? (photo)

i had a tummy tuck with muscle and hernia repair , im not happy at all with the results , let me know please what do you think and how would you rate my surgery , i dont like my belly button is it normal to be this ugly 7 weeks after surgery. its true that i had a very thin tissue on top of my belly botton before the surgery but i didnt expect to have a long vertical scar!! my surgent lied to me and told me he will not use a vertical incision and this is what i got please give me your opinions

Poor Result for a Tummy Tuck

+2

This is a very unusual scar after a tummy tuck and if your plastic surgeon planne don leaving you with this specific scar, he/she shoul dhave had a very long and detailed discussion with you - and even drawn the scar on your abdomen.  Was your surgeon a board certified plastic surgeon?  There seems to be several things done that were done in a very strange way.

"UNACCEPTABLE RESULT"

+1

I am sorry that your result is not acceptable.  Pre surgically, you were a better candidate for a mini-tummy tuck and "floating" your belly button.  Now that you have an inverted "T" incision there is not much that can be done to change that.  I am so sorry.

Dr. ES

Tummy Tuck Scar Position

+1

It sounds as though there's been a significant discrepancy between your pre-operative understanding of what would be done and what ended up being done. Your scars are not in the position I would expect for a tummy tuck and I can understand why you are not happy with the results. I'm sorry that you have had this outcome.

Melbourne Plastic Surgeon

Mini-Tummy Tuck Incision Pattern

+1

This is a most unusual incisional/scar pattern for a limited or mini-tummy tuck procedure.

Web reference: http://www.eppleytummytuck.com

Tummy tuck result

+1

The first question I would have is was your surgeon a plastic surgeon? Was he or she board certified? A full discussion ahead of time is the best way to avoid substandard results. Your result might be improved if you wait for the skin to relax. However, there might still be vertical scars at the bottom part of your tummy.

Chapel Hill Plastic Surgeon

Is This How Tummy Tuck is Done?

+1

WOW! Sorry for your result. Usually the incisions are discussed pre operatively so you the patient have a full understanding of the planned operation.