Tummy Tuck Right After 3rd Cesarian Section?

I'm interested in getting a tummy tuck once I deliver my baby Ill be having my 3rd cesarian done. I was told that in the same visit my doctor could do it.... Is it safe? Im worried of the pros and cons. to this procedure.

Abdominoplasty at the same time as c section

+1

There are several reasons why this is generally nota good idea:

- your abdominal wall skin has not had enough time to shrink

- your abdominal wall muscles have not had enough time to get back to their normal anatomical position.

- you uterus even after delivering the baby will not be  as small as it needs to be for a tight muscle closure.

Overall, its best that you wait at least 3 months to undergo an abdominoplasty.

Tummy tuck at time of c-section

+1

This is not typically done.  At the end of your pregnancy, the skin and abdominal wall are stretched out.  It is difficult to assess how much needs to be done to achieve the best result.

David A. Lickstein, MD

TummyTuck right after C-section?

+1

Generally, this is not something that I advise.  It may be best to wait for skin / tissue re-draping and for the patient to achieve a long term, stable weight prior to the procedure.

Please make sure you are consulting with well experienced plastic surgeons who can show you examples of their work.