Can I Have a Second Tummy Tuck After Hysterectomy?

5 yrs. ago I had a TT and then #yrs after that unfortunately i had a hysterectomy where they had to cut thru my scar because my ovaries where imbedded in scar tissue due to endometriosis. is it possible to have a second tummy tuck or a mini ?

Mini-Tummy Tuck and Full Abdominoplasty possible after Hysterectomy or C-Section

+1

The short answer is yes, it is possible and very common to have a tummy tuck - mini tummy tuck or full abdominoplasty following a hysterectomy or C-section.

Without photos or an exam however I am unable to comment if you would be a good candidate for this surgery.

Re-do TT after hysterectomy

+1

Yes, it is possible to have some form of revision surgery.  The exact procedure to pick depends on the placement of the scar and the amount of skin laxity that you have.  It could range from a simple scar revision, to a mini tummy tuck, to a full re-do.  An in-person consultation will help you figure this out.

All the best!

Thomas Fiala, MD

A second tummy tuck after hysterectomy

+1

A few are candidates for a second tummy tuck, but all depends on the amount of skin laxity at the time of your hysterectomy. Certainly, a tummy tuck revision would suit most, more like a 'mini', so ask your surgeon to have a look.

peterejohnsonmd.com

Is it possible to have more than 1 Tummy Tuck

+1

It is possible to redo a Tummy Tuck if there is enough skin and tissue to pull closed.  In my San Antonio office, I sometimes see women who are not happy with their Tummy Tucks years after surgery done elsewhere.  Often times, we can make things better with a mini-abdominoplasty.

Suresh Koneru, MD
San Antonio Plastic Surgeon

Re-Do Tummy Tuck, Tummy Tuck Revision or Scar Revision after a Hysterectomy through "old" Tummy Tuck

+1

Without a photograph or an examination to see where your Hysterectomy scar was placed, how much excess skin you have and the location and quality of your "old" Tummy Tuck scar it is really not possible to tell you which of several procedure may best be suited in your situation. If you have minimal skin laxity, a scar revision may be your best option. If you have some skin laxity a mini-tummy tuck  may be the solution. But unless your abdomen was greatly stretched in the past few years since your tummy tuck I doubt you would benefit from a re-do tummy tuck.

Good Luck.

Memphis, TN

Second Tummy Tuck after Hysterectomy

+1

It is difficult to say if you need another tummy tuck or just a revision of some sort.  The physical examination will be key to determine if you have excess fat/ tissue that needs to be removed, muscles that need to be repaired and/or scar revision.

Visit with a well experienced plastic surgeon who can show you examples of his/her work.

Best Wishes!

Secondary Tummy Tuck

+1

From the limited information provided, it seems that a secondary tummy tuck or a mini-tummy tuck or a scar revision could be possibilities.  This would depend on the amount of excess skin, etc.  Obtain a consultation with your previous PS or another board-certified plastic surgeon with whom you discuss your options.

John Whitt, MD

Secondary TT after Hysterectomy

+1

I doubt you will need a full tummy tuck but may need a revision of the scar and possibly repair of the lower muscle.  That should not be a big deal and there should not be a lot of down time, very little if no muscle work is needed.

Steven Schuster, MD
Boca Raton Plastic Surgeon

Revision of Tummy Tuck

+1

Hi there-

Whether or not a revision of your previous tummy tuck (abdominoplasty) is possible and whether or not it would approximate your goals will depend on your current examination and the goals you have a this point for the appearance of your abdomen.

It is therefore very difficult to say whether this would be advisable without seeing you for an examination and discussion of these goals.

Visit your Board Certified Plastic Surgeon for an opinion on your options.

Armando Soto, MD, FACS