Second Tummy Tuck Possible?

i underwent a tummy tuck4 yrs ago following an emergency c-section, which split my abdo mucles. im now pregnant again, im still exerscing and following a healthy diet, to try and keep my body in the best shape possibe, however if needed would it be possible to undergo surgery again? and if i needed a c-section, would it still be possible. thanks.

Repeat Tummy Tuck Procedure

+1

Congratulations on your pregnancy!  Yes, it is possible to perform a repeat tummy tuck if necessary after your pregnancy.... even after a c-section.

The best thing to do is to enjoy your pregnancy and after you have your baby, allow your body to heal and get down to a stable weight.  When you have reached your best weight, if you are concerned about your abdominal area, that will be a good time to visit with a board certified plastic surgeon to go over your options.

You will be fine

+1

When your abdominal muscles are firmly fused along the midline now (vertically).  They will survive a pregnancy and even a c-section.  All the women I have done abdominopalsties on who subsequently got pregnant again have reported that their abdomens "snapped back" quickly after delivery.  This includes a woman who recently had twins .  Her muscles are back in place, but she needs just a little more skin removed.  If you have a c-section the muscles will have to be cut.  Usually this is done horizontally and the muscles repaired  during the closure.  A second TT , if needed, will not be a problem.  You should be fine.  Celebrate the new life within you and don't worry.

Lori H. Saltz, MD

Repeat Tummy Tucks

+1

Should not be a problem.  As long as you are deemed a good candidate and the surgeon feels it is worth it.

Albert Dabbah, MD
Boca Raton Plastic Surgeon

Repeat tummy tuck

+1

your tummy looks great now, and hopefully you won't a repeat tuck, but rest assured that it can be performed as well as a repeat c section.  Good luck on the pregnancy

Beverly Friedlander, MD
Short Hills Plastic Surgeon

Repeat tummy tuck

+1

I have personally performed 6 abdominoplasties (or body lifts) on patients who previously had abdominoplasties or body lifts.  It's a very repeatable operation with excellent results.  Whether or not you'll need it, of course, remains to be seen.  It's also no problem to deliver via C-section after an abdominoplasty.

Good luck with your pregnancy!

David L. Kaufman, MD
Folsom Plastic Surgeon

A second tummy tuck after pregnancy

+1

A second tummy tuck is possible, and you can have a C-section without  problems. The need will depend on weight gain during your pregnancy, and how high you carry. With luck you could come through without undoing what you had four years ago. Don't wish for twins.

peterejohnsonmd