Do I Need a Tummy Tuck?

I've had 3 kids and I still look pregnant 19 months post partom. My husband thinks there is something wrong with the internal muscles for it to bulge like this, and that I need surgery? What do you think? Thanks in advance for your advice and/or opinions!

Tummy Tuck Option

+2

A tummy tuck (also called abdominoplasty) is a very popular cosmetic surgery procedure. A tummy tuck can be an effective tool for shaping and sculpting the body for better body appearance and improved self esteem.

Sometimes no amount of diet and exercise can create a flat tummy. Tummy tuck plastic surgery actually tightens abdominal muscles and removes excess fat and skin from the stomach area to create a tighter, slimmer, smoother belly. A tummy tuck can be combined with other procedures such as liposuction of your waists or flanks (i.e. love handles) to fine tune your result

Patients choose abdominoplasty cosmetic surgery for a number of reasons, including:

Excess abdominal skin following weight loss; Weight gain (beer belly or spare tire) from a sedentary lifestyle; Abdominal fat that is resistant to diet and exercise; Stretched stomach muscles from pregnancy; Desire for a thinner profile; Desire to look younger and fitter; Desire to fit into clothes better.

I recommend you visit with an ASPS member plastic surgeon to further explore your options and to find out if you are a candidate for this procedure

Web reference: http://www.basuplasticsurgery.com

Bulging abdomen after pregnancy

+2

Based on your photo, it appears your abdominal muscle is slightly weakened and could possibly benefit from a tummy tuck which includes muscle tightening. A board certified plastic surgeon can easily evaluate your condition and outline a surgical plan for you.

Dr.Bruno

Web reference: http://www.williambrunomd.com

Do I "need" a tummy tuck

+1

"Need"  and "want" are two very different concepts in plastic surgery.  However, it is important to have the right procedure peformed for any given situation. A board certified plastic surgery can help steer you in the right direction.

Monterey Plastic Surgeon

Tummy Bulging

+1

Your muscles are probably separated and distended from carrying three babaies. This is not uncommon. I would recommend you see your nearest board certified plastic surgeon to discuss and tummy tuck/ abdominoplasty procdure. The procedure will correct the separated muscles as well as any excess skin.