Tummy Tuck for Young Mother?

I had one c-section. My extra skin is annoying.  I am only 18 (turning 19) so I think I am to young for a Tummy tuck? Well my stomach is not that big. It's just flabby. What can I do?

Fixing a young flabby stomach

+1

Mommy94

You are correct that you are probably too young for standard tummy tuck (abdominoplasty). Your first choice may be a non-surgical approach. Exercise can improve the tone of the muscles of the abdominal wall, but probably not the skin tone. If there is generalized fat excess, weight reduction can improve this (and improve results of tummy tuck, if you have one later). Laser or light based skin tightening treatments may help.

After in-person consultation with your plastic surgeon, you might choose a modification of the standard tummy tuck; tighten and remove only excess skin, or liposuction and limited skin removal. You'll know more after your consult, but there are alternatives.

Greenville Plastic Surgeon

Flabby stomach

+1

A combination of liposuction and a mini-tummy tuck might be best for you; this would of course depend on your physical examination.

Most surgeons would not tighten the deep layer (fascia, "muscles" ) in an 18-year old who might have more children in the future.

Brent Moelleken, MD

Skin-only abdominoplasty

+1

If you only have loose skin, but no excessive fat or loose muscle, you can look into a skin-only abdominoplasty. Your muscle don't necessarily need tightening if that is the case, leading to less pain and quicker recovery.

Robin T.W. Yuan, MD

C-section scar revision and tummy tuck can be done if you're done having children

+1

The major issue regarding your age is whether you plan to have more children. If you plan to become pregnant again then you should not have a tummy tuck now.

If you are at your ideal weight, have exercised and have a fit tummy and still have loose skin overhanging your c section scar, and do not plan to have more children, then your age would not be a factor against having a tummy tuck.

See before and after pictures of tummy tuck.

Brooke R. Seckel, MD, FACS