I Just Had Got a Tummy Tuck Yesterday, I'm Very Sore but Today I'm Starving. What Can I Eat?

What should I eat and being that I got a tummy tuck can I eat whatever I want???

+1
You can eat whatever you want, but I always recommend softer and simple foods 1 day after a tummy tuck.  I also feel it is important to keep up with fluids.  Eat small portions at first to make sure it doesn't upset your stomach and then build up to a reasonable amount of food as long as it is comfortable for you.

For more information, please go to my website at:
WirthPlasticSurgery.com

What Can I Eat the day after Tummy Tuck Surgery?

+1

You should be able to eat whatever you want to eat. I would start with a soup and crackers and if tolerated you can advance to sandwiches etc. 

I must say I am surprised your surgeon did not instruct you on this. Most of us discuss such details of recovery before surgery and then immediately after the surgery with your family to make sure everyone understands.

Eating after a tummy tuck

+1

At my Austin, Texas area plastic surgery practice I typically let my patients eat whatever feels right.  Most folks start with a soft and somewhat bland diet and progress quickly from there.  Lots of fluids are good.  Because the painkillers often cause constipation I also start my patients in Colace if they are not had a bowel movement in a few days.  Best of luck, Dr. Kerr

Mahlon Kerr, MD, FACS

Ok to eat

+1

Eating to get your energy up is good. However, i would start out light and build up to normal.  Food is good with most medication to avoid nausea.   Plenty of water is good to flush your system.  You are off to a great recovery.

Miguel Delgado, Jr., MD

What to eat after tummy tuck

+1

The day after tummy tuck you might be hungry, but your system may still have some of the effect of anesthesia, and effect of narcotic medications. We suggest starting slow, and low fat is best to avoid nausea. Drink lot of liquids the first few days. If you pace your return to food carefully, you will not have regrets.

Peter Johnson, MD

Eating after tummy tuck surgery

+1
Eat and drink conservatively to avoid nausea from the anesthesia. Start with clear liquids, such as soup, or bread. Stay away from dairy products, greasy or fried foods, etc. for a few days. Just basic common sense. Also, eat moderately before taking the pain medication so it won't nauseate you.

Robert L. Kraft, MD

Food after Tummy Tuck Surgery?

+1

Congratulations on having undergone the tummy tuck surgery.

It's great that you have a good appetite today. I would suggest that you  “start slow” with foods that are not likely to be nauseating and/or cause an upset stomach/reflux. You may want to start with soups and crackers and gradually advance your way to a solid diet as tolerated.  Generally, it is wise to have food on board prior to taking pain medication.

Generally speaking, there is no specific “recommended diet” for the post-tummy tuck patient. A well-balanced diet with high fiber and a good protein source would obviously be helpful. Adding a protein shake ( to each meal) if necessary may also be helpful especially if your appetite is curtailed ( which often happens during this period). Frequent hydration is also important.