Will a Tummy Tuck Work for Me?

I'm 23 years old and have had 2 children and been overweight my entire life. I had my first daughter via c-section which left me with a "kangaroo pouch" as I like to call it. It also left me with a protruding bulge above my belly button. I used to weigh 320 pounds, but have currently lost 80 putting me at 240 pounds. I set a goal of 160 pounds. Once lose all my weight, will a tummy tuck solve my stomach problems or will I need something extra to go along with it?

Tummy Tuck is a good solution for loose tummy skin after weight loss

+1

Thank you for your question. Congratulations on your weight loss, that is fantastic.

Once you have achieve your final weight it is likely that you will have loose skin on your tummy hanging over the pouch that you developed after your C-section. Typically in the circumstances a full Tummy Tuck is done.With the amount of weight your losing their may be loose skin in other areas which also may need attention.

Be sure to consult a plastic surgeon who is certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery, experienced in body contouring surgery after weight loss, and has an excellent reputation in your community.

Web reference: http://drseckel.com/boston-tummy-tuck/boston-tummy-tuck-how-to-decide-if-you-need-an-abdominoplasty/

Will a Tummy Tuck Work for Me?

+1

Based on the information you provided and after you loss a lot pound. you should have extra skin. I almost sure Tummy Tuck can be an excellent opction for you.

Web reference: http://www.drawalkirisorbles.comt

Tummy tuck or not

+1

Hi,

You are motivated and need a mommy makeover.  Keep up the goals that you can achieve with the weight loss and look forward to your plastic surgeon doing the rest.

That kangaroo pouch is a procedure away from being gone.  Mommy makeovers are wonderful for giving Mom's confidence.  Your c section scar will be gone although of course you will have the tummy tuck scar.

Steven  M. Lynch, M.D.   Albany, New York

Albany Plastic Surgeon

Will a tummy tuck work for me?

+1

Congratulations on your weight loss and best of luck for you to lose that additional weight to achieve your goal.  You started off at 320 and want to end up at 160.  When you begin to get close to your goal, you should go and see a board certified plastic surgeon who has a large experience with massive weight loss patients.  Every  patient is unique in terms of his or her pattern of weight loss, the quality of the remaining skin, and most importantly in goals and objectives.

When I interview patients who want body contouring procedures following a large weight loss, I have them list in order 1-10 what bothers them.  I then try to come up with a custom plan to address the areas of concern.  I try to perform procedures together that make sense and to do as much as can be performed safely.  You will have many options and you should hear the pros and cons of the many different approaches.

Richmond Plastic Surgeon

Will a tummy tuck work for me?

+1

Although you have not enclosed any photos, I would imagine that after you have completed your weight loss down to 160 lb. from 320 lb, that you will be an excellent candidate for a tummy tuck, assuming that you do not have any serious medical issues and that you do not smoke.  Tummy tucks remove excess skin (and the fat that is attached to that overhanging skin), and tighten the underlying muscles if that is indicated.  Remaining fat, particularly in the upper tummy, is not usually addressed by a tummy tuck, but can be by liposuction, although sometimes in a separate stage. However, I would guess that if you get down to 160 lb., a full tummy tuck alone may be sufficient.  When you are closer to your goal weight, a consultation with a board-certified plastic surgeon would be recommended.

Web reference: http://www.seattleplasticsurgery.com/abdominoplasty-surgery.html

Tummy Tuck Candidate?

+1

Thank you for the question. Congratulations on your weight loss and you continued  efforts.

Based on a history, a tummy tuck will  certainly be beneficial. However, only physical examination once your weight is stable will determine if additional surgery (for example an extended tummy tuck or a lower body lift)  may be a better option.

I would suggest that you continue to do as you are doing with your healthier lifestyle and consult  with well experienced board certified plastic surgeons when you are closer to a long-term “stable” weight.

Web reference: http://www.poustiplasticsurgery.com/Procedures/procedure_tummytuck.htm

Tumy tuck after massive weight loss

+1

If you lose the amount of weight you want, you may need something more than just a tummy tuck. You will probably need a circumferential procedure.

Will a Tummy Tuck work for me?

+1

What you want to have done after weight loss is100% your decision. You are young so your skin may bounce back more quickly than someone older than yourself.  Most people that have lost a significant amount of weight also require arm lifts.  Sometimes an inner and outer thigh lift is performed as well. Most of the procedures depend on where you feel you desire improvement.  Good Luck!

Tummy tuck following large weight loss

+1

Congratulations on your weight loss. The choice in procedure for abdominal rejuvenation following large weight loss depends on the elasticity of your skin and the amount of excess skin present. If your goal is to lose 80 pounds, I would recommend getting a little closer before having surgery. You almost certainly would be a candidate for a tummy-tuck combined with liposuction. If you have a great deal of loose skin, you may require an extended tummy-tuck or circumferential lift (belt lipectomy) for optimal result. I would recommend consulting with a board-certified plastic surgeon. Best regards, Andrew Lyos MD, FACS.

Combined surgery

+1

First achieve a stable weight and then consider the tummy tuck or more likely you will benefit from a circunferential lift