Would a Tummy Tuck Work for Me? (photo)

I am 29 years old. I am 160 lbs, 5'7. I have three children with the last two being almost back to back. This is what my stomach looks like after that. I want to know if I would be a good fit for a tummy tuck. Im happy at my current weight so I dont plan to lose much more. I also want to know if it is possible for all of my tattoo above the pubic area would be removed?

Excellent Tumy Tuck Candidate

Overall you have a great figure with only a few stretch marks.   Your main problem is how much your lower abdomen protrudes.  A tummy tuck with aggressive tightening of the muscles of the lower abdomen will give you a dramatic improvement...and yes, your tattoo will be gone forever. 

140 W. 58th Street
New York, NY 10019

Tummy tuck and tattoo

It is difficult to tell from the photos but it looks like the tattoo would be removed at the same time as the tummy tuck.  It looks like you would be a great candidate for a tummy tuck (or abdominoplasty) because it would fix your abdominal muscles also.  Schedule an appt with a board certified plastic surgeon for a formal consultation.

My best to you.

Elisa A. Burgess, MD

16865 Boones Ferry Road
Lake Oswego, OR 97035

Tummy tucks

can make things better but you do need a face to face consultation and an evaluation of your tummy to truly predict what you can achieve.  Make sure your surgeon understands your goals and expectations and realize optimum results usually require revisions so know your surgeon's revision policy.

Curtis Wong, MD

1950 Rosaline Avenue
Redding, CA 96001

Tummy tuck?

Yes, you should get a great result. Yes your entire tattoo can be removed at the same time. Go get some consults next. Good luck.

Ronald Schuster, MD

10807 Falls Rd.
Baltimore, MD 21093

Candidate for a Tummy Tuck

You are a fantastic candidate for a tummy tuck procedure.   You can expect substantial improvement in the loose skin, fatty tissue, and muscle laxity.   I perform liposuction on almost all of my tummy tucks to help further narrow the waist line and enhance your contour. 

Please see my Patient Education Video on  the Tummy Tuck below.

Dr. Gill

Paul S. Gill, MD

9200 Pinecroft
The Woodlands, TX 77380

Will my tattoo be removed with a tummy tuck?

Dear Readyforachange84,  Thank you for your question and for providing photographs.  By the look of the photos, you would be a good candidate for a tummy tuck and if the scar could be positioned low enough, then all of your tattoo would be removed.  Whilst your photos are good, they are no substitute for a physical examination where the laxity of your tissues could be assessed.  Like the other contributors, I agree that you may benefit from having your abdominal muscles tightened, which is part of the tummy tuck procedure, and also from liposuction to your flanks, which often involves extra cost.  Good luck.

Jonathan J. Staiano, FRCS (Plast)
Birmingham Plastic Surgeon

50 Frederick Road
Edgbaston, Birmingham B5 7UG

Would a Tummy Tuck Work for Me?

Thanks for share your question and photos.

Based on the information provided, It certainly look that you need a Tummy Tuck. I recommend to have a Tummy Tuck with Muscle repair and liposuction.

Walkiris Robles, MD

Manuel Maria Castillo Street number 20, Gazgue
Santo Domingo, Republica Dominicana

Is Tummy Tuck Good for Me? (photos)

YES, tummy tuck, if well planned and executed, would produce for you a dramatic improvement in body contour.  YES, it appears that your tattoo could be entirely removed.

Steve Laverson, MD

477 North El Camino Real
Encinitas, CA 92024

Tummy tuck after children

Thanks for your question and photos.  You are a great candidate for a tummy tuck which would include tightening your muscles.  You could also consider liposuction for your love handles.

Christopher J. Davidson, MD, FACS

332 Washington St
Wellesley Hills, MA 02481

Would a Tummy Tuck Work for Me?

A tummy tuck and liposculture will helpyou get a flat abdomen and cuvier figure, muscle repair is a must in your case to reach this goal, you must consult a board certified surgeon but a more deep evaluation and advise. Good luck!

Australia Fragoso Baez, MD

Bolívar Avenue 208, Gazcue