Should I Get a Tummy Tuck or Can I Work out and Fix This? (photo)

I was wondering if I should get a tummy tuck I'm 25 years old and I lost about 100 pounds in about a year but I mostly did just running like I run a mile every night if it can be fixed by ab workouts i will do it but I was wondering if I could just work out and get it to fix itself or If no matter how much I work out it won't help cause i really don't want to have a tummy tuck I heard its painful and knowing my luck I'd get like a blood clot and die cause I heard that could happen

100 lb Weight Loss and Tummy Tuck

+1

After 100 lb weight loss and given the pictures, you are likely a good candidate for tummy tuck as the skin will not correct itself.  Kenneth Hughes, MD male tummy tuck Los Angeles, CA

Is a tummy tuck the answer to my tummy loose skin?

+1

The picture shows a lot of loose skin and fat. The fact that you've done very well in improving your overall health by losing 100 pounds would suggest there will most likely be stretch marks in your loose skin. After such weight loss the best way to improve your tummy contour and get rid of this loose apron of skin would most likely be a tummy tuck. I would suggest seeking the opinion of a fully registered plastic surgeon 

Sultan Hassan, MD, FRCS(Plast)
London Plastic Surgeon

Should I Get a Tummy Tuck or Can I Work out and Fix This

+1

The photos illustrate excess skin, typical for patients who have lost large amounts of weight. If your skin were going to tighten, it would have done so as you were losing the weight. The stretched skin has lost its elasticity, and that is permanent. Workouts will strengthen your muscle core and assist in weight loss, but will not restore elasticity to the skin. 

From the story and the pictures, you will be a good candidate for a tummy tuck. The precise nature of the procedure would be determined at a consultation. 

Blood clots can occur, but there are a number of measures your surgeon will take to minimize the risks, including compression of your legs during surgery, early post-op mobilization, and sometimes the use of blood thinners in high risk patients. A frank discussion with a plastic surgeon is the best first step.

When you ready for an in person consultation, RealSelf has listings of surgeons in your area. You should consider cross referencing the listings from the The American Society of Plastic Surgeons (plasticsurgery dot org). A listing in the ASPS website assures you that your surgeon is not only board certified,  but also is a member in good standing of the major plastic surgery organization in the U. S. Thank you for your question, best wishes. 

Abdominoplasty

+1

You definitely need a tummy tuck. Additional weight loss will just make it worse. exercise will not help. you will have a nice result

Joseph A. Russo, MD
Newton Plastic Surgeon

Male Tummy Tuck after 100 lb weight loss

+1

Congratulations on the weight loss!  Unfortunately, you have a lot of extra skin in your stomach because of this.  No amount of working out is going to get rid of that.  Tummy tuck is definitely the answer.  Good luck.

Sacha Obaid, MD

Hello

+1

Thank you for your picture, from that it’s hard to be exact. It’s a high possibility that your skin will not tighten up as much as you want it too. In regards to being scared for surgery, you have to do your homework and make sure you go to a certified PS that does surgery in outpatient surgery centers with certified anesthesiologist that make sure you are supervised at all time. When you do things in the right setting your chances are a lot better. Good luck

Stuart B. Kincaid, MD, FACS

Should I get tummy tuck

+1

Thank you for the question and the photos. The simple answer to your question is you need tummy tuck. The more excursive, the more weight you will lose the worse it going to be and it will not fix itself. Before any surgery your weight must be stable for about 6-12 months. My advice for you is to get a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon. During the consultation your goals will be addressed. I hope this is helpful.

Moneer Jaibaji, MD

Tummy tuck for a guy?

+1

Based on the photos you posted, I believe you would do nicely with a tummy tuck. Exercise and additional weight loss will also likely create more loose skin. It is important to continue to work out and maintain a healthy lifestyle. It is true that risks exist for tummy tuck, but even simple surgery can have risks. Blood clots and more serious complications are not as common as you may have read and there are medications that can lower the risks of clots. You should do more research and visit at least 3 plastic surgeons before deciding if this operation is for you. Good luck - Dr. Aldo Guerra.

Aldo Guerra, MD

Male tummy tuck vs abdominal work outs

+1

Congratulations on your weight loss!  Based on your photos, it seems you are dealing with excess abdominal skin.  Working out is not going to solve the problem.  This is common after losing a lot of weight - sometimes the skin does not "snap back."  A tummy tuck is the right procedure to remove this excess skin.  While you can expect some discomfort during recovery, most of my patients tell me it is worth it not to have to deal with the extra skin hanging over.  While there is no way to completely remove the risk of a blood clot, we go to great lengths to decrease the risk in my surgery center!  I would suggest meeting with a board-certified plastic surgeon.  He or she can evaluate you to tell you for sure if you are a surgical candidate as well as discuss the risk of surgery after reviewing your medical history.

Andrew Jimerson, MD

Tummy Tuck for Men after major weight loss

+1

Tummy tuck is a reasonable option for removing redundant and loose abdominal skin after major weight loss. Many men choose to have a tummy tuck after weight loss surgery in Los Angeles.

S. Sean Younai, MD, FACS