Less Tummy Tuck Cost After Weight Loss?

I was quoted a price for a tummy tuck 2 years ago. The price was out of my range, but I have lost 70 lbs since then and would like to revisit the option. Will the cost be any lower because there is less to remove, or does that have little to do with it? Size 16 to size 8, if that tells you anything.

Tummy Tuck May Cost Less

+1

If the surgeon thinks it will take less time after your weight loss because smaller incision or no lipo needed as a result of your weight loss, then I would expect a discount in OR and Anesthesia fees which should be listed on you quote sheet. Regardless of discount, you are getting better results and more for your money after loosing the weight. Best of luck

Tummy Tuck Cost

+1

You certainly should get a better result with your TT after your weight loss and the procedure should be easier for your surgeon.  But most plastic surgeons charge the same fee for both easier and more difficult cases.  Congrats on the weight loss!

John Whitt, MD

Tummy tuck costs

+1

Your costs may be lower if you were planning on doing liposuction in addition. Also, because of the economic times that we're in, you may be able to shop around and get a much lower price compard to 2 years ago. Congratulations on losing so much weight! A full tummy tuck is still probably what you need. So, look around and see what various plastic surgeons can offer you.

Jeffrey E. Schreiber, MD

No significant change in tummy tuck cost

+1

My professional fee for an abdominoplasty is the same regardless of the size of the patient. However, anesthesia and the facility charge by time and patients that are larger take more time do. Therefore, they pay more but usually much less that a thousand dollars. Our patients are given pre-op quotes that are solid--that is, not added to if I make a miscalculation in my time estimate.

Less tummy tuck cost after weight loss

+1

Pricing policies vary from surgeon to surgeon. Since you were evaluted 2 years ago and a lot has changed, I reccomend that you visit again with your surgeon.

Lots of factors go into determining the cost of a procedure. We take into account how long a procedure will take and the risk/benefit ratio to the patient when calculating costs, among alot of other things. I can only speak for myself, but more than likely I would offer you some kind of a price reduction since your surgery may be easier to perform with lower risks now that you have lost 70 pounds. You may however be better served with a lower body lift after losing that much wieght, which is a significantly more expensive surgery than a tummmy tuck.

Hope this helps.

Michael Diaz, MD
Melbourne Plastic Surgeon