Tummy Tuck 2 Weeks Ago. Will My Scar Harden?

I had a tummy tuck 2 weeks ago. is my scar suppose to be hard? Will it soften? When should I start to massage it?

It will soften with time

+1
It takes a year or so before scars become mature, less visible, and softer like the surrounding skin. Ask your surgeon about what you can do to help it along. I usually recommend just leaving it alone and keeping it clean and covered from the sun, but some believe that silicone can help.

Paramus Plastic Surgeon

Tummy Tuck Scars

+1

The tummy tuck scar may start harder and will soften with time.  I generally say that a scar can take up to 1-1.5 years to mature / heal completely and that is when you will see the final results.

Be patient.

Tummy Tuck, will my scar soften?

+1

Yes, it is normal for your scar to be hard after a Tummy, it will continue to harden for up to 8 weeks, then it will start to soften after that, scars reach their final maturity at 1.5 years, it will continue to change over that time. Good luck with you recovery.

Jonathan Weiler, MD
Baton Rouge Plastic Surgeon