I Had a Tummy Tuck over 2 Weeks Ago and I Am Still Really Swollen. Is This Normal?

Swelling After Tummy Tuck?

+1

Some swelling after tummy tuck surgery is to be expected and may continue for several months after surgery. It may take up to a year to see the final results of surgery.

There are also complications associated with tummy tuck surgery that may present as “swelling”;  these complications should be diagnosed and treated by your plastic surgeon (seromas  and hematomas).

Swelling After Tummy Tuck

+1

Swelling is very normal after tummy tuck surgery, especially if combined with liposuction. This may last 6-12 weeks. A sensation of tightness, thickness, or pins and needles may last 9-12 months. Wearing a snug, but not tight, post-surgical binder or girdle will be helpful. Massage will also be helpful. If you notice increasing swelling, redness, or pain, you should notify your doctor, as thee symptoms may indicate infection or seroma (a fluid collection that may require surgical drainage).

Karen Vaniver, MD

Tummy tuck

+1

Swelling 2 weeks after surgery is normal especially if liposuction was part of the abdominoplasty. It takes time for swelling to go down after surgery and you need to be patient. Teh flank area in particular will swell and take several weeks to go down when liposuction is done in that area.

David L. Abramson, MD

Swelling after tummy tuck

+1

If you are REALLY swollen, you should seek the evaluation of your treating surgeon. The cause needs to be diagnosed and treatment may be required.

Significant Swelling after Tummy Tuck

+1

Regarding: "I Had a Tummy Tuck over 2 Weeks Ago and I Am Still Really Swollen. Is This Normal? "

No. You should NOT be "" 2 weeks after a Tummy Tuck. Although there should still be SOME swelling, it should be much better than it was in the first few days after surgery.

You should be seen by your surgeon to make sure you do not have a Blood (hematoma) or fluid (seroma) collection. Those would need to be removed.

Dr. Peter Aldea