I had a tummy tuck 8 weeks ago I have one side bigger than the other. Will this correct itself? (Photo)

I've worn my garment belt constant and I've noticed a doogy ear on the larger side

+2
Full recovery from tummy tuck may take up to 6 months. From that point onwards, mild asymmetries or irregularities can be treated, should they persist, under local anesthesia.I had a tummy than the other. Will this correct itself? (Photo)

One side bigger after tummy tuck

+2
The healing process after any operation is at least 3 to 6 months and may be longer. Having asymmetry after surgery is not uncommon and usually will resolve in 3 to 6 months. If it doesn't, it can usually be improved with a little liposuction under local anesthesia. For perspective, very few people are the same from side to side. During the tummy tuck operation the most important factor is to only take out enough tissue so there is not excessive tension on the repair, which can cause healing problems. In the course of being careful, there can be unevenness and asymmetry. This can be addressed if need be once all the healing is complete.

Donald W. Hause, MD
Sacramento Plastic Surgeon

Tummy tuck and extra skin

+1
Extra skin and irregularities can be corrected under local or general anesthesia and can sometimes improve by themselves.

Ali Sajjadian, MD, FACS

I had a tummy tuck 8 weeks ago I have one side bigger than the other. Will this correct itself

+1
Yes you are correct. In 3 months revision surgery of the "dog ear" and excess fat would be an option...