I had a tummy tuck 6 weeks ago is pulling normal?

I had a tummy tuck 6 and 1/2 weeks ago all my my scar is healing nice and It's nearly scab free but sometimes I feel pulling inside my belly beside the scar and also beside my belly button is that all normal

Pulling Sensation Post Tummy Tuck

+1

Thank you for your question. A personal exam and consultation is always best.

That said my tummy tuck patients have experienced many different types of sensations. Pulling in not uncommon. However, I recommend that you contact your plastic surgeon and explain what symptoms you are experiencing. Your surgeon may want to examine you.

Be sure to consult a plastic surgeon who is certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery, experienced in your procedure, and who has an excellent reputation in your community.

Tummy tuck recovery

+1

Hi there

thanks for your kind question

I always warn my patients that they will experience a variety of strange sensations after surgery, including tummy tucks. What you are describing sounds entirely normal but obviously you will see your surgeon and I am sure they reassure you.

Good luck and I hope you are pleased with your results

Paul Banwell, MBBS, FRCS
London Plastic Surgeon

Pulling sensation

+1

Although everyone is different it can be very common to feel a pulling or tugging inside after having a tummy tuck.

Christopher J. Davidson, MD, FACS
Wellesley Plastic Surgeon

Pulling sensation

+1

Each patient has a unique experience in terms of odd sensations after TT surgery, and a sense of pulling is a common finding.

Any symptoms, though, are best reported to your surgeon who knows you, knows what was done, and who has followed your recovery and is responsible for your post op care.