Getting a Tummy Tuck 3 Weeks Pregnant?

I just found out I am 3 weeks pregnant and have a tummy tuck scheduled for this week (that has been scheduled for 3 months now). Will my PS still operate if I chose not to go through with the pregnancy?

Pregnancy and tummy tuck

+1

If you are pregnant and want to termiante the pregnancy, that is a personal choice. I would delay surgery until that is settled.

Unexpected Pregnancy Before Planned Tummy Tuck

+1

No matter how carefully we plan our lives it is amazing how often life throws curve balls.  This pregnancy sounds like one of those unexpected events  that you will need to take time for.  Make sure you have thought carefully about whether you will keep the pregnancy and whether you plan to have other children.  You can get a tummy tuck after this is resolved clearly. You do not need to stick to your plans when some important event has intervened.

Mary Lee Peters, MD

Cosmetic surgery and pregnancy

+1

My opinion is that you postpone surgery until you have had enough time to think about what choice you want to make about your pregnancy.  Don't make a hasty decision. Sleep on it and call your plastic surgeon to discuss. He/she will and should understand if you need to postpone or reschedule.

J. Jason Wendel, MD, FACS

Tummy Tuck if Pregnant?

+1

I am not aware of the specific laws  in Arizona but If you were to “terminate” the pregnancy  and have made a decision not to have any further pregnancies then it is possible that your plastic surgeon will proceed with the surgery as planned.

It may be that you still have a lot of  thinking to do;  if so it would be best to postpone your tummy tuck surgery.

Pregnant Tummy Tuck

+1

You should advise your surgeon immediately that you are pregnant and postpone the surgery.  No surgeon or anesthesiologist would recommend that you have an elective procedure at this time due to the inherent risks to the fetus, as well as the fact that the procedure is really irrelevant  at this time if you are going to carry the pregnancy to term.

Donald Griffin, MD

Tummy tuck when pregnant

+1

In my opinion you should absolutely hold off on the surgery.  Your surgeon should understand.  It is not ideal to have a tummy tuck if you are not finished having children nor is it ideal to undergo anesthesia while pregnant since there is some added risk.  Good luck with the pregnancy!

Tiffany McCormack, MD
Reno Plastic Surgeon

Pregnant & Tummy Tuck

+1

It sounds like you should figure out what to do with your pregnancy without worrying about your upcoming tummy tuck. Tell your surgeon that you are pregnant and need to think through things before jumping into surgery. Your surgeon should understand.

Karol A. Gutowski, MD, FACS
Ohio Plastic Surgeon