I Had a Tummy Tuck 3 Weeks Ago, I Lifted my 6 Months Baby and Now I Have Pain in my Right Upper Stomach?

Hi, I had a tummy tuck with umbilical hernia repair on the 15 jan and last week end, I lifted my 6 months old daughter, and I felt a pop almost immediatly. Now when I walk or lift my left right leg,I feel Iike a hole in the muscle and its constant. Can it be possible ?

Pain After Lifting Following Tummy Tuck and Hernia Repair

+1

Pain and a pop 3 weeks after tummy tuck and hernia repair after lifting may be indicative of muscle plication or hernia repair compromise.  Only an exam would be able to determine this.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Pain After Lifting Following Tummy Tuck

+1

If you feel a hole in your abdominal wall 3 weeks following a tummy tuck, you should schedule a follow up visit with your surgeon to make sure that you have not damaged your muscle repair.  Good luck.

Sacha Obaid, MD

Diastasis repair damage

+1

If you heard  pop and you feel a defect, it is very possible that you tore some of your sutures after lifitng the baby. Best to be seen by your surgeon.

Pain in my Right Upper Stomach?

+1

It is possible to have disrupted the repair, but only with a visit to your surgeon can you be certain. It is not an emergency problem. Thanks for your question, all the best. 

Lifting after Tummy Tuck

+1

You did not mention the weight of your baby, but based on the information you have given, you should visit your Plastic Surgeon for a follow up exam to make sure that your healing is normal.

Robert E. Zaworski, MD