A Tummy Tuck on Wednesday Aug 3rd, my Belly is Flat but There is a Indention is This from the Lipo?

When will it go away or should I be worried I will have a funky flat belly... Kinda nervous

Tummy Tuck Recovery

+2

At this point in time of your recovery, some irregularity is normal. This may be due to swelling, which is part of the healing process. It may take 4-6 months before you see your final results.  Right now, patience is necessary but do address your concerns with your surgeon.

Web reference: http://www.poustiplasticsurgery.com/Procedures/procedure_tummytuck.htm

Lipo and Tummy Tuck

+2

You are only a few days post op.  It is normal to have swelling after liposuction which may lead to what appears to be an indentation but may actually be swelling.  It is important that you give enough time (several weeks) for the swelling to resolve before being concerned.

Good Luck.

Web reference: http://www.ShaferPlasticSurgery.com

Early Surgery Concerns

+2

As everyone here has stated so far, it is way too early in your postoperative course to predict the outcome. Indentations can be caused by dressings and garments, drains as well as liposuction. I would address it with my physician at your next appointment but give yourself time to heal and for the swelling to go down before getting to concerned. Keeping the lines of communication open with your doctor is the most important thing in the postoperative recovery time. Good luck

Uneven abdomen

+2

There are several possible reasonds for the indentation you are concerned about. You are so fresh from surgery that any conclusion at this time is premature. There are always changes that occur with healing and generally it all evens out. I suggest you see your surgeon and discuss your concerns with him. Follow your surgeon's advice regarding post-operative care of your abdomen and scar.

Irregularity 3 days after surgery

+2

You are very early in your recovery process.  Swelling as well as the compression garment can be a source of irregularity.  I would continue to wear your garment as this is a important part of the tummy tuck recovery process.  Discuss it with your plastic surgeon at your post op appointment but I am sure you will be fine given some time for things to settle out.

Dr Remus Repta

Tummy tuck indentations

+2

Being that you are only a few days out from surgery, it could also just be swelling or pressure from the garment. Without an exam I could not tell for sure. You should probably ask your surgeon.