Tummy Tuck With BBL vs Lipo Only with BBL. Pros and Cons? (photo)

OK, I am 27 years old with 2 children, I have that "post pregnancy pooch" with the stretch marks and loose skin. I was going to get the tummy tuck with BBL, but I am very concerned about scaring and the possibility of having more children. I am wondering about the PROS and CONS of doing the BBL without the tummy tuck, just the lipo itself. Are there skin tightening procedures that can be done to help, or will I be left with the same loose skin I hate!? I am 5'7" about 190 lbs.

Tummy Tuck or Lipo with BBL

+1

I would suggest that you wait until you are done having children before having a tummy tuck. You would have much better results if you lost 30 or 40 pounds as well. Liposuction alone will not give you a very good result and is not a substitute for weight reduction.

Tummy tuck

+1

You are an excellent candidate for a full tummy tuck and maybe some lipo of the hips.  If you get lipo alone, I think the result will be disappointing.  If you are sure you will be having more children,  it is best to wait to undergo the TT until after.

BBL and Tummy Tuck

+1

Based on your photos, you are an excellent candidate for a combination tummy tuck and fat transfer to the buttocks.  Liposuction alone will make your abdomenal skin excess worse and may disappoint you.  I agree with the other surgeons, you may want to wait until you have finished your family before considering a project like this.

Honolulu Plastic Surgeon

Tummy tuck v. liposuction

+1
Given the loose skin, liposuction will worsen the look. If you plan more children, then I recommend that you delay surgery until your family is complete unless you are wiling to accept the need for revision at a later date.

Tummy Tuck vs lipo with fat transfer to buttocks?

+1

I don't reccomend major work on both the front and backsides simultanously. Choose one or the other and do the rest several moinths later. You can have a normal pregnancy after a tummy tuck but it totally destroys the result, muscle tightening or not. Yes lipo of the tummy will create more looose skin than you have now, but you could do it with the BBL and then get a mini tummy tuck 3 months later to tighten up the skin. Your health determines how much surgery is safe to have simulaneously. Don't push your surgeon to do more than he/she is comfortable doing at one sitting. We all have different levels of experience and therefore confidence. That's why you'll get different answers form different surgeons. 

Dr Foster  

Sacramento Plastic Surgeon

If you are considering more children but feel compelled to get a tummy tuck soon, then get a tummy tuck without muscle tightenin

+1

Thank you for your question and the photos.

If you are considering more children but feel compelled to get a tummy tuck soon, then get a tummy tuck without muscle tightening. Otherwise, wait until you are done having children for a full tummy tuck. Liposuction will not remove the loose skin and surgery is the best way to get rid of the excess skin that you have.

To be sure, see two or more board-certified plastic surgeons in your area for a full and complete evaluation to make sure you are a good candidate and that it is safe for you to have surgery. I hope this helps.

Tummy Tuck With BBL vs Lipo Only with BBL. Pros and Cons?

+1

The best option depends on the issue of future pregnancies??? If ye than NO TT but if no than a full TT with the lipo and FFT to buttocks. So it all comes down to your future plans. 

Tummy tuck or Lipo only?

+1

Your loose skin will only be made worse by liposuction.  Only a tummy tuck will remove excess skin and tighten your remaining skin.  You would want to postpone a tummy tuck until you are sure that you will not have any more pregnancies. The excess thickness of fat that you have would be helped by liposuction, but it will make the skin looser.  Since many plastic surgeons believe that aggressive liposuctioning  of the tummy fat at the time of a tummy tuck increases the risk of blood supply and healing problems, you would obtain a much better improvement and eventual shape if you could lose your extra weight prior to a tummy tuck.  Another option is to undergo liposuction contouring first, and follow that a few months later with your tummy tuck. The more slender your tummy, the flatter it will be after skin tightening.

Web reference: http://www.seattleplasticsurgery.com/abdominoplasty-surgery.html

NOTHING but tummy tuck will be beneficial to your abdomen--honest!

+1

Thanks for including photos! Your photographs are sufficient to show extensive stretch marks and severe laxity of your abdominal skin. No treatment exists that can make significant improvements in your abdominal skin other than surgical abdominoplasty with muscle plication. Of course, if you are not yet sure your family is complete and your childbearing days definitely over, I would recommend waiting for your tummy tuck or extended tummy tuck until your abdomen has had its final skin/muscle stretch!

The same may actually apply to your breasts. Your photographs only show your breasts with bra on, but they appear large and likely appropriate for breast lift surgery. As you know, any subsequent pregnancy will affect your breasts as well, even more so if you breast feed, and your best results and size/proportion are achieved when you have conclusively ended childbearing, breast feeding, and returned to your best after-baby weight, both for your breasts and abdomen.

For an example of a woman who had liposuction rather than the tummy tuck she really needed, click on the link below.

Please call for a no-charge consultation, and I would be happy to make recommendations based on direct physical examination so you can make the best choice for you! Best wishes!

Web reference: http://www.mpsmn.com/photogallery/abdominoplasty-tummy-tuck-5924

Minneapolis Plastic Surgeon

You Need A Tummy Tuck!!

+1

Deartshirttugger,  Thank you for sharing your photos. It is clear that liposuction of you abdomen is not an appropriate option for you. Your best results would come from a tummy tuck( with muscle plication) and perhaps liposuction to your hips and thighs. I agree with my colleagues, if you are not finished with your family, I would wait until you are done having all of your children. We would be happy to discuss your options with you when you are ready to proceed. Good luck.

Web reference: http://www.mpsmn.com/dr-gervais

Minneapolis Plastic Surgeon

Ask a Doctor

Get personalized answers from board-certified doctors. For free.