Tummy Tuck Vs Thermage for 21 Year Old Guy With Extra Skin? (photo)

21 year old man.. Ive been training for a while more than 4years, I went down from 24% to 10.8% fat. i have extra skin and am afraid of surgery. My upper body is okay but my lower one isnt becuase of the extra skin. I need to know would thermage be sufficent or should i do a tummy tuck?

Tummy tuck or Thermage?

+1

Judging by the photo you have provided, you are in great shape. You do not have enough excess skin to justify a tummy tuck surgery. Thermage may be an option, depending on the results you are expecting to achieve. Thermage will give you maximal tightening of existing skin without removing extra skin.

Montreal Plastic Surgeon

You look great, there is no need for you to waste money on either treatment

+1

you may have some excess skin but that is normal.  you seem to be in a great shape.  The excess skin probably bothers you when sit down and get folds?  Thermage will do nothing for you and you are in too good of a shape for a tummy tuck.

M Jugenburg, MD, FRCSC

Martin Jugenburg, MD

Thermage vs. Tuck

+1

My comments are based on the photos alone.  Obviously can't do an exam with "pinch" test over the internet.  That said, I agree 100% with the other plastic surgeons who have offered their opinions.  Thanks to your discipline and hard work, you appear to alrready have a very flat belly with no visible loose skin.  Thermage would give you minimal additional tightening, and a tuck is not worth the scarring.  You are young, your skin still has great elasticity, and things may still get a bit tighter all on their own.

Robert Stroup, Jr., MD, FACS
Cleveland Plastic Surgeon

Loose skin after weight loss male

+1
Hi there. You've done well with your weight loss and training. Don't waste your time on thermage for this. And definitely do not have a tummy tuck. A tummy tuck is a great procedure, but in every case the scar vs the benefit is the question, and in your case the prominence of the scar vs the modest benefit you'll receive make it a poor choice. So what can you do? I see quite number of men in similar position. In some (but not all) cases, as the skin and fat reduce with training, the little lower abdominal pouch remains, as it has with you. Some of the shape is due to a small deposit of fat under the skin. I recommend that you have a consultation with a good board certified plastic surgeon in your area, and consider a fine cannula liposuction of the front lower half of your abdominal wall if you are suitable. This is a nuance procedure, but an often solve the problem that you have. The skin will take up nicely. Definitely worth a discussion with a PS. Good luck.

Howard Webster, MBBS, FRACS
Melbourne Plastic Surgeon

Definitely not thermage

+1

Thermage would be a real waste of money.  If you do anything, do a mini tummy tuck.  That will allow removal of the extra skin of your lower abdomen.  It is surgery and it will leave a scar. Judging from the photo, you're in very good shape.  Seeking perfection is not always a good idea.

E. Anthony Musarra II, MD

Tummy Tuck Vs Thermage for 21 Year Old Guy With Extra Skin?

+1

Based on a very small photo, I would say neither would be of benefit. Thermage is usually expensive and very disappointing in it's limited results and surgery would be a very aggressive approach for what appears on the photo to be a minimal problem.

Ronald V. DeMars, MD