Tummy Tuck Vs Non Surgical Skin Tightening? (photo)

I am 22 years old and at age 20 I had one child. After having her through c-section my skin didnt come back to normal I have some saggy skin and some stretchmarks. Also when I bend over my tummy looks horrible, saggy, wrinkly and ugly. I was wondering if skin tigthening would actually fix it up a little more or would I have to do a tummy tuck?

Nonsurgical Skin Tightening vs Tummy Tuck

+1

Tummy tuck is far superior for your concerns.  Although a scar is involved, a short scar tummy tuck has the same length scar as a minitummy tuck but removes skin above the belly button and tightens your muscle.  Find the plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of tummy tucks each year.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Tummy tuck - surgical vs nonsurgical skin tightening

+1

Without question a tummy tuck will tighten more.   The tradeoff is significantly different.  Tummy tuck allows muscle tightening work but needs an incision to get to the muscle.  Non-surgical tightening will only affect the skin to a moderate degree but obviously not as much and without a scar.  Best Wishes!!

Stefan Mark Szczerba, MD

Cosmetic Surgery is an Art and a Science

+1

Thank you for the question. There are not a lot of options for loose skin in the abdomen. The tummy tuck is the best procedure. You may want to delay this until you are done having children. Good Luck..Dr Thomas Narsete Austin, Tx

Thomas A. Narsete, MD (retired)

Tummy tuck vs skin tightening

+1

If you have loose skin and stretch marks, a tummy tuck is typically the best procedure. Skin tightening is only minimally effective in patients who already have good skin tone. You may however want to hold off on your tummy tuck if you are planning to have more children. Consult with a board certified plastic surgeon for a more complete evaluation and review of your options.

Dr.Bruno

William Bruno, MD

Tummy Tuck Vs Non Surgical Skin Tightening?

+1

Non-surgical skin tightening works well on patients who do not need it--they almost always look OK afterwards. If you really have loose skin, only a TT is likely to give improvement. 

These photos are quite out of focus, making it hard to see any detail, and hard to answer the question about a TT. I would say that if you are consider more children that you hold off any decision until you have completed your family, or you may be asking the same question in the future after two pregnancies and a TT.

An in person exam will always provide more useful info that an online opinion. When you are ready for an in person consultation, RealSelf has listings of surgeons in your area. You should consider cross referencing the listings from the The American Society of Plastic Surgeons (plasticsurgery dot org). A listing in the ASPS website assures you that your surgeon is not only board certified,  but also is a member in good standing of the major plastic surgery organization in the U. S. Thank you for your question, best wishes.

Tummy tuck vs non-invasive skin tightening

+1

Your skin does not look as bad as others but it is also not as good as someone who never had a child.  If you are planning to have more kids, then you may want to go the non-invasive route knowing that it will probalby not improve the skin by more than 20%.